Series Discussion: OOT Playoff series Thread (West: Ducks/Preds, East: Pens/Sens)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Was blown away at proposals on the main boards about the cost of getting Flower being 1st+.
He had a bad regular season, but the talent is certainly there.

He's still on my list of top 4-5 likely attainable goalies for Calgary, but the cost has to be right.

Yeah I think the LV rumours are just fake intending to try and get Calgary to play more.

Is Fleury really going to want to move from arguably the best team, to the worst? I don't see it.

Winnipeg has to protect Hellebyuck.

Vancouver is junk.

Who else is on the market for a starter? Literally can't think of one other team. He's just not worth that much because of the expansion draft.

If That doesn't work just offersheet Grubauer at 3.3/3 years. Don't see how Washington can match. Re-sigh Chad Johnson to a one year deal.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Philly's in the market for a goaltender but the Pens would never deal him there.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Physical teams gonna physical yo

There's playing physical and playing like a moron. The Ducks have always been guilty of getting into penalty trouble and letting teams back into games for as long as I can remember.

And the Preds PP looks as aimless as ever. Reminiscient of our 5 on 3 in game 2

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
That puck over glass just before the 2nd Nashville goal was very weird. It was a deflection off the Ducks stick but it certainly looked intentional.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Oh man where have I seen that OT goal before

I love how little love the Ducks get :laugh:
Everyone had such massive Erixons about Edmonton, it almost got lost in the shuffle that Anaheim dominated 6/7 games of that series. Now everyone has got a hard-on about the Preds because they're kind of a 'sexy' team... The Ducks are a legit contender.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Preds are gonna be a contender for years to come but this isn't their year imo

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
The Preds are gonna be a contender for years to come but this isn't their year imo
I'm not as convinced. Rinne is the biggest reason they have come this far and he can be quite inconsistent year to year and is getting up there in age.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
This has been the closest series in the playoffs in terms of elite level of play. The only teams that can hang with these two woupd be the Flames with Good Elliott and the third pair benched, the Capitals with Good Holtby, and the Penguins with Letang, Schultz, non-concussed Sid, Healthy Hagelin etc etc. Ottawa and the current version of the Penguins really don't stand a chance against the Preds or Ducks.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm not as convinced. Rinne is the biggest reason they have come this far and he can be quite inconsistent year to year and is getting up there in age.

The bulk of their offensive players are very young, and they can already score their way out of goaltending trouble better than most teams in the NHL. I think it's only a matter of time before the power shifts to them in their division as their core matures

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Lol here we go with the narrative that with better goaltending the Flames would somehow hang with the Ducks. They are on another level and if anything, oiler and preds were able to expose Gibson/theodore/bieksa, something the Flames simply werent able to do. And Ducks still find ways to win whereas Flames folded every single time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad