Series Discussion: OOT Playoff series Thread (West: Ducks/Preds, East: Pens/Sens)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
I agree, Sens are the type of team that you can only hate their owners for. Nothing about the team speaks hatred haha.

Well there's Burrows. :)

But they are a likeable team for sure. Outside of Karlsson, what an unimpressive roster on paper. But first of all every single guy just gets it, and secondly Karlsson really is just that good and can win games by himself.

Credit to Boucher as well. If the Sens win it all it'll look a bit goofy to not have him even in the top3 of Jack Adams candidates.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I've been following the Sens pretty close all playoffs. Their games are really exciting because of all the late game heroics. It's hard not to love Pagaeu. But man they are boring to watch most the the time.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I really like the Sens but I'm surprised they even picked up one against Pittsburgh.That team is so green as far as postseason experience goes, I had New York penciled in over them in my bracket as well.

I dunno about that... before this years playoffs started they had:

Bobby Ryan 30 GP
Erik Karlsson 29 GP
Kyle Turris 27 GP
Derrick Brassard 59 GP
Zack Smith 26 GP
Dion Phanuef 22 GP
Tom Pyatt 26 GP
Chris Kelly 90 GP
Marc Methot 20 GP
Alex Burrows 70 GP
Viktor Stalhberg 43 GP
Tommy Wingels 46 GP
Chris Neil 91 GP
Craig Anderson 27 GP
JP Pageau 20 GP

That's the majority of their roster playing 3-5 series going into this one. That doesn't look very green to me.

Only major players with less are:

Clarke MacArthur 11 GP
Mike Hoffman 6 GP
Mark Stone 8 GP
Ryan Dzingel 0 GP
Cody Ceci 6 GP

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I dunno about that... before this years playoffs started they had:

Bobby Ryan 30 GP
Erik Karlsson 29 GP
Kyle Turris 27 GP
Derrick Brassard 59 GP
Zack Smith 26 GP
Dion Phanuef 22 GP
Tom Pyatt 26 GP
Chris Kelly 90 GP
Marc Methot 20 GP
Alex Burrows 70 GP
Viktor Stalhberg 43 GP
Tommy Wingels 46 GP
Chris Neil 91 GP
Craig Anderson 27 GP
JP Pageau 20 GP

That's the majority of their roster playing 3-5 series going into this one. That doesn't look very green to me.

Only major players with less are:

Clarke MacArthur 11 GP
Mike Hoffman 6 GP
Mark Stone 8 GP
Ryan Dzingel 0 GP
Cody Ceci 6 GP

Right, but compare that to New York:

Lundqvist 116 GP
Staal 92 GP
Stepan 85 GP
McDonagh 84 GP
Klein 72 GP
Nash 65 GP
Kreider 65 GP
Zuccarello 48 GP
Miller 28 GP
Fast 27 GP
Hayes 22 GP

...where their core has averaged about ten playoff series each. I won't even bother to do the math for Pittsburgh.

Making the playoffs every other year for a first-round exit vs getting to the conference finals or better every year? Huge difference. Pretty impressive that the Sens are pulling this off.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
inb4 ppl use the first period of this game as justification all offseason as to why we absolutely cannot sign Fleury and he's an AHL third-liner

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Fluery was fine that game except for the 4th goal, and even then Hainsey could've done a better job too

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He was also the worst Pen all regular season, which people have somehow forgotten since his hot playoff started.

Was blown away at proposals on the main boards about the cost of getting Flower being 1st+.
He had a bad regular season, but the talent is certainly there.

He's still on my list of top 4-5 likely attainable goalies for Calgary, but the cost has to be right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad