Pre-Game Talk: One last tune-up before the marathon begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Tune em up !!
E358CF7D-4E4D-46AE-9EE1-0E75FD5EB2FB.gif

Haas replaces McLeod.
Nygard replaces Shore.
4K in for Jones.
Yamo back!!

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Every time Koekkoek or Lagesson played over Bouchard, I shed a tear.

I now swim in an ocean.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I see we're still not resting any players besides Smith.

I'm assuming Shore is being rested with Nygard drawing in? If not, Shore and Ennis are both far better options than Nygard imo.
On a side note, nice to see Koekkoek back. Hope he can get up to speed quickly.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
All this BS about "rest" when it's more important to maintain rhythm.

You rest players that have nagging minor injuries and give some depth players 1 game before the playoffs start.

Otherwise, you keep your engine running.
They have a pretty compressed schedule when the playoffs begin.

Just because the players are playing doesn't mean they're healthy. I'd rather see what the depth players can do than risk the possibility of injury (it's the Canucks) to one of our important players.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Just because the players are playing doesn't mean they're healthy. I'd rather see what the depth players can do than risk the possibility of injury (it's the Canucks) to one of our important players.

If McDavid or Draisaitl needed time off to rest/heal from a minor nagging injury I am sure they would not be playing.

Injuries are part of the game and you hope a key player doesn't get hurt but as I said rhythm and keeping the motor running is more important than the small chance of injury.

Players know this. Coaches know this. They are there, we are not. I go with what McDavid and Draisaitl want to do over rando forum users opinions.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I prefer Bouchard to all of them, but at least Jones can move a puck. Koekkoek was better to me in Chicago IMO.

Sure, but Lagesson is the best defensively out of that lot, and Koekkoek is also more reliable than Jones defensively (not really saying much, but still). Bear is decent enough at moving the puck so I care more about defensive reliability for his partner. Bouchard would still be ideal because his offensive ability is enough levels above the rest that his defensive inexperience can be overlooked. But I'd definitely take Lagesson/Koekkoek over Jones.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Sure, but Lagesson is the best defensively out of that lot, and Koekkoek is also more reliable than Jones defensively (not really saying much, but still). Bear is decent enough at moving the puck so I care more about defensive reliability for his partner. Bouchard would still be ideal because his offensive ability is enough levels above the rest that his defensive inexperience can be overlooked. But I'd definitely take Lagesson/Koekkoek over Jones.

I'm just not as high on Lagesson.

His last 9 game stretch sees him on the ice for 1G for, 7G against at 5v5 and he was on the ice for a shot share of 36.2%. We're usually getting slaughtered in our own zone with him on the ice. I don't mind some of his positioning, especially on PK, but I think he just had a stretch to start the year where the goalies made the saves with him on the ice and it made him look a lot better than he really was.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'm just not as high on Lagesson.

His last 9 game stretch sees him on the ice for 1G for, 7G against at 5v5 and he was on the ice for a shot share of 36.2%. We're usually getting slaughtered in our own zone with him on the ice. I don't mind some of his positioning, especially on PK, but I think he just had a stretch to start the year where the goalies made the saves with him on the ice and it made him look a lot better than he really was.
Lagesson started off good and then fell off a cliff, similar to koekkoek

Reactions: Paralyzer008

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Haas, Nygard and 4K back in, so that means they're all healthy enough to play which is nice. Don't know that they'll be in the starting lineup for Game 1 against the Jets but certainly good to give them a game to get some reps in before the playoffs start. Also, hopefully good Koskinen shows up for this game. It would be a little more reassuring heading into the playoffs knowing that he hasn't just reverted back to his early season form.

5 more goals for McDavid please. Push him even more over the top.

Yes I agree, more goals and points for McDavid and Draisaitl so that they're as tuned up as possible for the playoffs. Keep those multi-point games coming.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I'm assuming Shore is being rested with Nygard drawing in? If not, Shore and Ennis are both far better options than Nygard imo.
On a side note, nice to see Koekkoek back. Hope he can get up to speed quickly.

Yeah, Tippett said he wanted to try and get most guys a game before the playoffs. I think Shore was a little banged up previously so it makes sense he would get some added rest.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

Tough call. I kind of agree with you but I don't think you can let the big boys sit a whole week without playing a game. I think they'd come out a bit too rusty and have to "restart the motor" in Game 1 if so. They still have 4 days to rest after the Sat game. It's definitely good that Smith is sitting though.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

I think the Canucks at this point have checked out so it's likely to be close to a no hitter. My only concern for injury is moreso freak accident injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad