OT: One great thing Nonis has done.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

robdicks

Aug 10, 2008
Welland ON
Everyone (or half) in this photo:

staal-goal-590x318.jpg

Is not a regular anymore.

Just reading a bit of justin bourne's blog and he had bottom 10 defensive lapses of the year and Toronto won the contest with this photo haha. I know it's not thread-worthy, but I didn't know where else to put it.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Maybe I am confused...

But I see Reimer, Kulemin and Liles... Are they not included in "everyone" .... I'd say that Reimer and Kulemin are certainly regulars and Liles SHOULD be over Fraser/Ranger.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Basically Grabovski is the one most at fault here (he wants to triple man?!) and yes he is off the team.

So cheers to that I suppose.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Well they're all puck-watching....

To be fair, they're not ALL puck watching.

Liles and Kulemin are containing where they should be.

Clearly we can't see what lead up to this play, but there must have been a lack of communication between Holzer and Grabo to get to this point in the picture.

At least Reimer is trying to solve this mess by pointing out the obvious.

So yes, I agree that the fact that Holzer off the roster is a upgrade in terms of what we have now, and that Grabo was never really a defensive genius in his own end.

But I see no fault in Liles or Kulemin at this point.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009

staal-goal-590x318.jpg

Just reading a bit of justin bourne's blog and he had bottom 10 defensive lapses of the year and Toronto won the contest with this photo haha. I know it's not thread-worthy, but I didn't know where else to put it.

What about the one of Boston in the Playoffs where Chara, his D-partner and just about everyone else was in the corner leaving McClaren all alone to score?

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada

staal-goal-590x318.jpg

The funny thing is.. I believe Jordan Staal gets a pass from the guy that has "3 leafs" on him in the corner and scores.:laugh:

Bad D and bad Coaching.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I still would take Holzer over Ranger and Fraser. He was just forced to play way in over his head because of Carlyle idiotically pairing him with Phaneuf.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
The funny thing is.. I believe Jordan Staal gets a pass from the guy that has "3 leafs" on him in the corner and scores.:laugh:

Bad D and bad Coaching.

55 should be in front of the net...24 and 84 are fine...41 should be on the hash marks along boards...Carolina's right defenceman is his man.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
55 should be in front of the net...24 and 84 are fine...41 should be on the hash marks along boards...Carolina's right defenceman is his man.

41 should not be at the hash marks along the boards as he would be protecting about a foot of ice.....if he is not supporting down low then he should be at the face off dot on the strong side. Protecting a foot of ice and leaving all the middle open is not a great position to be in as he allows a huge seam for both the strong and weak side opponents D man.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
No, it's man on man coverage, Grabo should have Staal who is in front, the D-men have their wingers covered. 41 should be covering the point or where ever the opposing D-man is.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
in b4 Interactif :sarcasm:

I said all I had to say on Mikfail before he was bought out, I only respond to people that bring him up now. Nonis did the right thing, if you notice I didn't gloat about it. But I was sure going to reply to people who said it was never going to happen or people that continue to pump his tires as he had something to do with us making the playoffs last season.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
+ Buying out Grabo
+ Re-Signing Bozak
+ Signing Dave Clarkson
+ Trading for Dave Bolland
- Letting go MacArthur (but reports said he wanted to leave anyway)

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013

Bad D and bad Coaching.

It would be bad coaching if players were instructed to play that way (which they obviously weren't). It would be bad coaching if the offending players weren't corrected afterwards - possibly on the bench but more likely in next day's video analysis (which we have no idea if it happened.)

24 Liles is doing his job. One of 55 Holzer or 84 Grabo has to stay in front of the net. Nothing wrong with 41 Kule dropping back if he feels his defenceman needs support.

I still would take Holzer over Ranger and Fraser. He was just forced to play way in over his head because of Carlyle idiotically pairing him with Phaneuf.

You should look at how Ranger's been playing lately.

Delicious Dangles*

Actually, that was one time, and if anything were to have changed, it's Carlyle's doing and thus Burke to credit.

I said all I had to say on Mikfail before he was bought out, I only respond to people that bring him up now. if you notice I didn't gloat about it.
:laugh: Yes, I am SURE that that is what we have all noticed. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad