GDT: ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH, DEAR FRIENDS, ONCE MORE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
It went to the “decision” room. I gather one overturned goal per series is your allowance.
Maybe im over thinking it.. just something I was wondering since it appears that series will be over tomorrow night.

I don't think the Rangers can fit Tarasenko with all the other moves they need to make this off-season.
Think he would be a good fit or not a good idea?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Maybe im over thinking it.. just something I was wondering since it appears that series will be over tomorrow night.

Think he would be a good fit or not a good idea?
He was healthy this year, which puts him a step ahead of Pacioretty. That said, I assume someone is going to give him 6-7 years heading into his age 32 season and outbid Carolina.

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
If you believe the officiating is bias or there’s some grand conspiracy involved getting X team to win the Cup, you’re overthinking it.
Not saying they are trying to get a team to win the cup.. just saying since the other series is about over why take the chance on prolonging this one. Just a thought.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Similarly, when you’re playing a really hot goalie, aim at the crest.

Sure, you won’t score, but eventually, with enough shots, like water dripping on a canyon rock over the course of many years, you’ll bore a hole in his chest cavity, and then with one final shot you’ll strike the heart. And then the hot goalie will die, and you’ll have a much better chance to score later.
I did find myself wondering why they didn't take a bunch of slappers right at Bob's melon. If you're gonna outshoot the other team by 10, why not use those extras to ring the guy's bell?

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I did find myself wondering why they didn't take a bunch of slappers right at Bob's melon. If you're gonna outshoot the other team by 10, why not use those extras to ring the guy's bell?

Refs blow the whistle as soon as the mask is dislodged, and if damaged, it’s replaced with another one.

Like digging out of prison with a spoon, no one notices the slowly bored hole in the goalie’s chest protector until it’s too late.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

The last of 6 posts by MM...I wonder what's in the cards for the broadcast and crew?

Are Mike and Tripp Bally's employees or employees of the Canes loaned to Bally's for the broadcasts?

Also, guys. The Borg has been like really, really, exceptionally good at offseasons. Acting like they need to wake up and do something to improve the team this offseason, as if that’s some foreign concept to them, is really weird. Stop it. Lol.

Oh I agree with this, but I think this off-season we need to be more aggressive to improve our top forward lines than we have before. And preferably not doing so by acquiring oft injured depressed assets.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

The last of 6 posts by MM...I wonder what's in the cards for the broadcast and crew?

Ballys is reported to be taking advantage of their banx by exiting unprofitable contracts. Padres appear to be first up in baseball and after baseball the NBA and NHL teams are next under review for exit.

Given the subdued popularity of hockey and our smaller market who knows if Bally’s South survives.

I’d add Bally Sun had a post game show for Cats…we did not.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Also, guys. The Borg has been like really, really, exceptionally good at offseasons. Acting like they need to wake up and do something to improve the team this offseason, as if that’s some foreign concept to them, is really weird. Stop it. Lol.
I like to think about guys like Futa and Fenton that could have ended up here as GM and thank Jebus we have what we have. I've seen and heard enough from them to know they would likely have been disastrous. The Borg, coach, and team aren't perfect, but they have a pretty damn good thing going nonetheless. Anyone else that could be hired is far from guaranteed to be able to have this success and work so well under Dundon. Disappointment aside, it's still a hell of a time to be a Caniac.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Refs blow the whistle as soon as the mask is dislodged, and if damaged, it’s replaced with another one.

Yeah, but they can't swap out his skull, can they?

Or can they?

Like digging out of prison with a spoon, no one notices the slowly bored hole in the goalie’s chest protector until it’s too late.

The difference between your proposal and my proposal is that I'm serious. Is there like an unwritten rule that you don't try to take the goalie's head off, or is it just too hard?

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Cmon-Burns was a home run BUT

Patches Kase Stephan stastny CDH were not exceptionally good off season pickups.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Once he was pushed to the Staal line...it was predictable. When he won the Caulder with the Checkers and performed so well this season, he wasn't playing in that type of role or with those line mates.

I thought last year a change might be the best for him, as Sara suggested, with the line bounces and how that affects his play on the emotional side of things.
Yeah, how much can we really blame Necas when Rod kept him on Staal's 3rd line? Even if the Staal line gets a good amount of TOI, it's safe to say Necas didn't have some of the better linemates.

Rod should've put Necas back to the top 6 for this series. It took him too long to change the lines that worked well enough against NJ, and that was a big part of the problem. Even after he changed the lines, Necas was still on the 3rd line.

I would've been okay with Necas being on the 1st line with Aho and Jarvis, especially at home with last line change, if that meant more goals.

Patches Kase Stephan stastny CDH were not exceptionally good off season pickups.
For that reason and several others, Waddell and the rest of our front office better have a good offseason.

Enough of not getting over the hump; injuries or not. Past history aside, set this team up for success as much as possible.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
They were doing a much better job of creating havoc around him tonight. I wish it could have happened a game or 2 sooner.
This is the biggest complaint I have of our players this series.

It's not like it was some great mystery that we needed to put players in front of Bob with how he had played before us in the playoffs.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Dundon so cheap he's going to replace the broadcast crew with AI and CG.
That sounds pretty hilarious. Id like them to try for at least one game.

Exactly, two injury prone forwards and three guys past their expiration date. We got what we paid for from the bargain bin. Plus they signed bear, and then had to pay to get rid of him shortly after the season started. Coghlan, his replacement, sucked even more. They also got rid of Tro (fine), but didn't really replace him. Letting Nino walk wasn't smart. Burns was literally the only good move that I can think of this past summer. The fact that we went this far was more a testament to how good the existing team was already.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Patches was an exceptionally good offseason pickup and then tragedy struck.

It is not often that teams that finish in the 110s in points acquire a top 6 winger and a top pair dman and give up virtually nothing in return. They were savvy moves that demonstrated an understanding of what the team needed to get better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad