Prospect Info: Oliver Kapanen, RHC, KalPa U20 (U20 SM-sarja), 64th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Evans will win that every time.

Kapanen has a great development year ahead being 1C in Sweden. They're not gonna forego that to rotate him in the 4th line and eating hot dogs with Pezz.
You have to think they're considering it though, otherwise, they would have just left him to start his season in Timra and not disrupt it.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You have to think they're considering it though, otherwise, they would have just left him to start his season in Timra and not disrupt it.

More likely they are considering whether he could occupy a permanent bottom 6 spot.. not a 13th forward rotational piece.

Reactions: 417

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Evans will win that every time.

Kapanen has a great development year ahead being 1C in Sweden. They're not gonna forego that to rotate him in the 4th line and eating hot dogs with Pezz.

Do you think he would be better served playing 10-12 min a night, PK2 and PP2. 50-60 games in the NHL, practicing with an NHL squad during a whole season?

Or do you think he would be better served being a 1C in the SHL in his D+4

I would lean toward the 1st option tbh.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Do you think he would be better served playing 10-12 min a night, PK2 and PP2. 50-60 games in the NHL, practicing with an NHL squad during a whole season?

Or do you think he would be better served being a 1C in the SHL in his D+4

I would lean toward the 1st option tbh.

I think he would be better served playing 1C in the second best pro league in the world, getting PP1 and PK2 duties there.

The only way I'm keeping Kapanen is if I know for sure that I am giving him healthy 3rd line minutes and good rotation on the 2nd powerplay unit. If I feel like there's a chance it's gonna be too much and i'm gonna rotate him in and out frequently and take him out to sit for extended period of time, then the SHL makes way more sense.

We have the luxury to overcook the guy and the 2nd audition against a full NHL squad wasn't one so glowing that I'd forego the SHL season. I'm sure he will get one more look.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I watched one period but I saw enough of him to realize that he will be a good player for us. He seems to understand what it is he needs to do to be an effective pro. One more season back home won't be the end of the world and once we clear out some of the remaining compost he will be a key member of the Habs.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad