Value of: Oliver Bjorkstrand

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HarvP19

Nov 19, 2014
Im really high on this guy, he had a outstanding jr career and was not bad in his first pro season last year. He had 2 100+ point seasons in jr, 29 points in 51 AHL games and 8 points in 12 nhl games. Very fast forward who is pretty much a pure goal scorer.

Blue Jackets are in a bit of contract crunch as they have taken up all 50 contracts up. I am hoping my canucks can take advantage of that and create a trade package. I would not be surprised if a team like the oilers come by to acquire him(maybe a package including Yakapov?). He has Conner mcdavid wingman written all over him.

What is the price to pay to acquire him jacket fans.

Last edited:

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
So.. it's after the draft/free agency. CBJ being at 50 contracts is somehow an issue. Obviously Bjorkstrand is the first contract on the chopping block. So we'll look to move him for a package the Vancouver Canucks offer us.

That's your line of thinking, correct?

1mjp

May 13, 2016
If I'm Jarmo I really wouldn't trade him (yet) seeing as how his value will only go up next year.

That being said, if they could unload one of Clarkson and/or Hartnell...

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Im really high on this guy, he had a outstanding jr career and was not bad in his first pro season last year. He had 2 100+ point seasons in jr, 29 points in 51 AHL games and 8 points in 12 nhl games. Very fast forward who is pretty much a pure goal scorer.

Blue Jackets are in a bit of contract crunch as they have taken up all 50 contracts up. I am hoping my canucks can take advantage of that and create a trade package. I would not be surprised if a team like the oilers come by to acquire him(maybe a package including Yakapov?). He has Conner mcdavid wingman written all over him.

What is price to pay to acquire him jacket fans.

Very high. Take a look at our ongoing prospect polls. OB was getting votes for #2 (behind werenski) and ran away at #3. There are people penciling him in to play with Saad and Wennberg.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto

Kole Sherwood and Keegan Kolesar's contracts do not count towards the 50 contract limit, unless they somehow make the NHL this year.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Take advantage of what exactly? You know they can just move some scrub to make room right?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, we're going to trade our most NHL-ready forward prospect and Calder Cup Playoff MVP to clear contracts. Uh-huh. Sure.

Did you give this any real thought whatsoever beyond "I WANT"?

The price to pay to acquire him would be ruinous, because he exactly fits a huge need - young NHL-ready goal-scoring RW on a ELC that is expansion draft exempt. I don't think Vancouver has the assets to make it happen at all.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, we're going to trade our most NHL-ready forward prospect and Calder Cup Playoff MVP to clear contracts. Uh-huh. Sure.

The price to pay to acquire him would be ruinous, because he exactly fits a huge need - young NHL-ready goal-scoring RW on a ELC that is expansion draft exempt. I don't think Vancouver has the assets to make it happen at all.

Bro, do you even HF?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What do you want?
Rangers do have a couple of extra slots relative to headcount atm, can scratch your back w/in reason there if there is a deal to be had.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

This makes no sense. You make big deal about Columbus being at 50 contracts (when they technically aren't) as though they might need to create space. You then suggest they move 1 high end prospect for a "package" including at least one roster player?

Considering some the the contracts Columbus has and their recent struggles, there is no compelling reason for them to even consider moving Bjorkstrand.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Bro, do you even HF?

I'm sorry, I can't read your crazy moon language.

* * *​
What do you want?
Rangers do have a couple of extra slots relative to headcount atm, can scratch your back w/in reason there if there is a deal to be had.

I don't think a deal can be had. Mostly because right now I prefer Bjorkstrand to Buchnevich (due to Bjorkstrand having already shown some NHL capability and his AHL playoffs performance).

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't think a deal can be had. Mostly because right now I prefer Bjorkstrand to Buchnevich (due to Bjorkstrand having already shown some NHL capability and his AHL playoffs performance).

thanks
don't want to do coke for pepsi, assuming it is that close

if something else comes to mind, feel free to go there.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'm sorry, I can't read your crazy moon language.

* * *​

I meant why are you surprised there is not much substance to this idea beyond "he's your best prospect, I want him-- even though it makes no sense for the team from whom I am trying to pry said best prospect, to trade said best prospect".

Par the course for HF.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
As an outsider of both teams, I keep thinking Nugent Hopkins to Columbus is something that should happen.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

WAY more than you apparently think based on your post. I mean WAY more! He is most likely going to be playing on our first line and scoring a ton of goals.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
As an outsider of both teams, I keep thinking Nugent Hopkins to Columbus is something that should happen.

I don't. We have plenty of centers plus one of the best prospects in the pipeline now. We don't have the need for RNH. Then again I have higher expectations than most for Wennberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad