GDT: Oilers versus Dracula and the Blood Sucking Wild - 7 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Has anyone been banished from the NHL because they would always yell "PUCK ME" when calling for a pass?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
f*** sake man. Bouch is special. Like we’re seeing a superstar in the making here.
John Carlson was always the comparison. Carlson was a top 10-15 Dman in the league for a stretch so I can see Bouchard headed on that trajectory.

I've said it a million times. The fanbase needs to be patient with this player, elite offensive skill like that is hard to acquire.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
KnobCoff might be a much better coaching duo than we are collectively giving them credit for.

We generally knew a coaching change was needed for the kick in the ass the team needed... but I honestly didn't think a lot of that duo that came in... Knob with his head coaching inexperience and Coffey with his complete lack of NHL coaching experience of any kind... didn't seem like a very astute move to bring both in.

BUT... the buy in seems to be really top notch team-wide and it's not just "solid play" but actual wins that's occuring.

Looks like a great coaching change once this team has had the time to really adapt to the systems and work ethic and aggressiveness that the coaches are pushing.

Reactions: McBooya42

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
John Carlson was always the comparison. Carlson was a top 10-15 Dman in the league for a stretch so I can see Bouchard headed on that trajectory.

I've said it a million times. The fanbase needs to be patient with this player, elite offensive skill like that is hard to acquire.

For sure. Bouch is one pick/prospect I never had issue with us taking. I think he’ll outdo Carlson’s offence though, he never had vision like Bouch has.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I KNEW Bouch was elite offensively. I had him pegged as the #1 prospect in his draft from day 1 and have continued to say so all along. He's never going to be elite defensively but his offense more than makes up for his average defensive skills (and I think his defense can still improve as well).

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
KnobCoff might be a much better coaching duo than we are collectively giving them credit for.

We generally knew a coaching change was needed for the kick in the ass the team needed... but I honestly didn't think a lot of that duo that came in... Knob with his head coaching inexperience and Coffey with his complete lack of NHL coaching experience of any kind... didn't seem like a very astute move to bring both in.

BUT... the buy in seems to be really top notch team-wide and it's not just "solid play" but actual wins that's occuring.

Looks like a great coaching change once this team has had the time to really adapt to the systems and work ethic and aggressiveness that the coaches are pushing.

Not enough credit? I’m ready to take a load in the mouth if Coffey deems it necessary.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I KNEW Bouch was elite offensively. I had him pegged as the #1 prospect in his draft from day 1 and have continued to say so all along. He's never going to be elite defensively but his offense more than makes up for his average defensive skills (and I think his defense can still improve as well).

Man good call. I knew his offense was gonna be good but not this good. I was enamored with the Bouch bomb and thought he’d be like Burns on steroids. Never thought he’d have Gretzky like vision on TOP of that. Like wtf, he’s insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad