Confirmed with Link: Jeff Skinner, $3M x 1 year

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I’m guessing that’s the Henrique money unless there’s a plan to move some salary out.
This signing would open up a Kane trade making sense. I was full on board the keep Kane train, but with the Arvidsson and Skinner signing I'm starting to change my tune. A Kane and Ceci trade would open up 8mil to sign Henrique, Janmark and a top 4 D.

Nuge-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Drai-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Holloway-McLeod-Perry

People make a big deal about needing physicality, but that forward group is insanely deep and still has some feistiness with Arvidsson and Holloway. No bone crushing hitters, but when you have that much speed on the rush and forecheck you don't necessarily need to have those big hitters.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Interesting. Guy is like a 25+ goal scorer.

I mean its a cheap deal but given our cap situation I thought it would be less. Must be something else coming?

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Drai-Arvidsson
Holloway-McLeod-Kane
Brown-Ryan-Perry
Hamblin

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Ceci
Broberg-Kulak
Brown

The above roster has just over $2M in cap space with Holloway and Broberg left to sign. Those two guys bring you up to right at the cap. This might just be the team.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Well, can't imagine they keep both Janmark and Henrique around. Not sure what the bottom 6 looks like at all right now.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
This signing would open up a Kane trade making sense. I was full on board the keep Kane train, but with the Arvidsson and Skinner signing I'm starting to change my tune. A Kane and Ceci trade would open up 8mil to sign Henrique, Janmark and a top 4 D.

Nuge-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Drai-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Holloway-McLeod-Perry

People make a big deal about needing physicality, but that forward group is insanely deep and still has some feistiness with Arvidsson and Holloway. No bone crushing hitters, but when you have that much speed on the rush and forecheck you don't necessarily need to have those big hitters.

There aren't any top 4 d-men to sign at this point. Maybe TJ Brodie? Although at his age is he still an upgrade on Ceci? A Kane and Ceci trade would have happened at the draft I'd have thought.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
1 Year show me deal for a guy who can really skate. Honestly think he's a fit for McDavid, not Draisaitl.
I think the main knock on him is he can't really skate anymore.

1719875189060.png

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Not that he'll play the same role, but he was PPG just a season ago playing with Thompson and Tuch on the #1 line/#1 PP.

Problem with him is he needs that role and ice time to be productive. Of course, the whole Buffalo roster regressed last season, but he wasn't able to be effective on any other line and with less ice time.

So I guess if you stick him with McDavid, he's good for 40G. Anywhere else the jury is out.

He's an under-rated pest. And when he's playing that game, he's running his mouth and pissing everyone off on the other team.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Not that he'll play the same role, but he was PPG just a season ago playing with Thompson and Tuch on the #1 line/#1 PP.

Problem with him is he needs that role and ice time to be productive. Of course, the whole Buffalo roster regressed last season, but he wasn't able to be effective on any other line and with less ice time.

So I guess if you stick him with McDavid, he's good for 40G. Anywhere else the jury is out.

He's an under-rated pest. And when he's playing that game, he's running his mouth and pissing everyone off on the other team.
Yeah, that's part of it too. He won't be getting PP1 time and he isn't versatile enough to drop below a top 6 role. Which is why I would have much preferred the money go to solidifying 3C.. but here we are.

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan
I don't know much about him beyond his stats. I really haven't watched any sabres hockey to see how he is currently playing

But it is one year and cheap and now people can't say that drai doesn't have any talented scorers with him after this free agent period.

So it is a worth a low risk shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad