Prospect Info: Oilers Rookie at the Penticton Young Stars Classic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
....and that is why I find the poster finding it right away interesting.
Also forums are dying. He’s clearly an old head familiar with Vbulletin forums.

Such a strange time for a game. Monday at noon? Am I missing some kind of holiday or something. Every day is a holiday. ;)
it’s not like this is a Grade A attraction. It’s a pre preseason junior game.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
All you have to do is actually read the stats to know this isn't true.

Yamamoto in his final WHL season - 21 goals, 64 points in 40 games with 4 points in 7 playoff games
Savoie in his final WHL season - 19 goals, 47 points in 23 games with 24 points in 19 playoff games then went PPG in a small AHL sample size.
Yamamoto was barely over .5 GPG and 1.5 PPG while Savoie was near a GPG and over 2 PPG with much better playoff production. Just read the stats, it's simple.
Granted, Savoie has the earlier birthday so he was a little older than Yama in their final junior season but the point remains.

Also, they do not play a similar game. Yamamoto plays like a grinder, Savoie is more of a pure skill guy. I liked Yamamoto coming into the league but you can see that he wouldn't last long playing that style of game at that size.
Oh and they are NOT the same size. Savoie is like 25 pounds heavier, you can see how much thicker he is visually. All it takes, again, is simple reading and using your eyes.

I don't know what Savoie's future holds but he has more pure skill than Yamamoto and skates better IMO so I think there's more of a path to him being a better pro. Time will tell but to write him off is stupid to be quite honest.
All this bleating stuff was blown apart in discussion of the two previous game. Apparently a Mr Savoie screwed somebodies mom or something. I thought that was Corey Perry territory. jk

Anyway all the replies had already been made refuting the same basic points. Its hilarious that somebody equates Savoie and Yama.

Also forums are dying. He’s clearly an old head familiar with Vbulletin forums.

it’s not like this is a Grade A attraction. It’s a pre preseason junior game.
But still...people actually buy tickets to these and its a big deal in Penticton. Doesn't anybody work there? ;)

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I find it funny that people are ripping Savoie for not being physical enough, etc. At his size he doesn't need to play like prime Mike Grier or Ethan Moreau. He is strong on his stick, quick, skilled and has a high hockey IQ. Comparing him to Yamamoto who tries to play the same game as Zach Hyman while being 50+ lbs. lighter is ridiculous. We have guys to dig out pucks and crash the net, Savoie is there to provide offense and excellent PKing.
Kid seems to have some TKA ability. Using deft stickwork, kinda like Nuge although too early to tell. But yeah the skillset is evident as well as the confidence making plays. What impressed me most last game is Savoie not needing any setups, just converging on pucks himself, creating turnovers, then creating scoring plays.

Just gonna throw this out here but in a short time Savoie might be more what people are expecting from Arviddson. More pace, young, healthy. I had zero interest in Yams on topsix as everybody knows but I'd entertain Savoie being there at some point.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Such a strange time for a game. Monday at noon? Am I missing some kind of holiday or something. Every day is a holiday. ;)

The first and last days of the tourney are 2 games with the weekend being one game per day. That way no team plays 3 games in 3 days.

Friday - 2
Sat & Sun - 1 per day
Monday - 2, Winnipeg and Edmonton usually play the noon game as they have the longest travel and go home right after the 12 o clock game.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
There are people at home making TikTok videos are matchbox cars going down plastic tracks in their living rooms with better production values than this tournament.

I dont know what mic Tony Brar is using for this tournament but its horrible and it picks up and exacerbates his speech impediment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad