Prospect Info: Oilers Rookie at the Penticton Young Stars Classic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Im having higher hopes for Tyler Bunz this tourney personally.
Ugh what a draft year that was. Think that might've been the year I started getting scared off big physical guys that were able to dominate the junior ranks.

I guess even 2011 too. Just a lot of guys with size that really couldn't do shit at the next level

Gernat, Marincin, Hamilton, Martindale. 4 guys that all had size and trended real well the year after drafting them only to see them fail miserably. Although maybe it's time to try Gernat again, guy is out producing Radulov to start the season

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Savoie, Akey and by default, Sam O'Reilly make this the most interesting rookie tournament since pre-Covid years IMO.
Agreed, also intrigued by Lajoie.
Would liked to have seen Fischer (Blues fans were pretty high on him) but he's already playing college games I guess.

Edit: No Akey. Boo

Reactions: oilers'72

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Former Oiler (for 20ish games anyway) Brendan Perlini posted a fascinating insider perspective of what rookie camp is like.

Start at 2:39 to get past the whole "What success looks like" preamble.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Ugh what a draft year that was. Think that might've been the year I started getting scared off big physical guys that were able to dominate the junior ranks.

I guess even 2011 too. Just a lot of guys with size that really couldn't do shit at the next level

Gernat, Marincin, Hamilton, Martindale. 4 guys that all had size and trended real well the year after drafting them only to see them fail miserably. Although maybe it's time to try Gernat again, guy is out producing Radulov to start the season
I watched Martindale a lot in Ottawa. I honestly thought they had a player there.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad