Prospect Info: Oilers Rookie at the Penticton Young Stars Classic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Only have watched the last 10 minutes. Looked like the Oilers were getting caved (expected) but Savoie looks much better. Some decent passes. Seems like the classic "needs better teammates tyo really assess" situation.

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
Hard to judge the forwards when the D-men get hemmed in this often. Calgary's defense isn't as good/disciplined as Vancouvers was so the game isn't like watching paint dry thankfully.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Only have watched the last 10 minutes. Looked like the Oilers were getting caved (expected) but Savoie looks much better. Some decent passes. Seems like the classic "needs better teammates tyo really assess" situation.
Coaching staff's critique for him after last game was probably to stop floating around like a major junior star who is used to being the center of the team's offensive gameplan, and actually get involved with the play.

He was getting mugged a bit out there because he was actually in danger areas of the ice where he might come into conflict with the opposing team tonight, which we didn't see yesterday

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
I'd like to see Wanner making cleaner passes out of his end. Beyond that only maybe Lajoie might have a decent future.
Hopefully he is just working through some rust, he definitely seems like he has some offensive ability but on defense its been an adventure. Being asked to be the 1D is never easy though, he probably will look better with a steady D partner.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Ungar getting shelled so far in this one. Just too many misplayed pucks in their own zone that are ending up back on Flames sticks.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Petrov so far. Sprung Wakely on a partial break that he just missed on.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad