Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Predators. Time to smash.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Obligatory Predator gif.

my-man-together.gif

Kinibo

Apr 11, 2013
No idea what to expect. But for certain if we lose, the first bead of sweat will appear on some foreheads.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Around here? More like panties will be soiled and the world will be ending.
probably because other than the glaring holes in parts of the roster, the Oilers lack intestinal fortitude.
people can see that. Other teams know it.
They'll lose again tonight.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I have a feeling the guys come out strong, we’ve played well against the Preds the last while.

Hoping that trend continues and we get the W.
Nashville has owned Minnesota the last three years earning 10 points vs. 2 points outscoring them 27-11.

Minnesota has owned Edmonton the last three years earning 12 points vs. Edmonton 0 outscoring them 30-13.

Edmonton has owned Nashville the last three years earning 10 points vs. 1 point outscoring them 23-11

One trend continued last Tuesday, another this Tuesday, pray that the third continues tonight.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
No idea what to expect. But for certain if we lose, the first bead of sweat will appear on some foreheads.
Sphincter tightened slightly Tuesday but seeing LA yesterday settled the nerves a little. 5-3 clinches (provided most wins are regulation or LA wins aren't regulation) and the number is shriking

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nashville has owned Minnesota the last three years earning 10 points vs. 2 points outscoring them 27-11.

Minnesota has owned Edmonton the last three years earning 12 points vs. Edmonton 0 outscoring them 30-13.

Edmonton has owned Nashville the last three years earning 10 points vs. 1 point outscoring them 23-11

One trend continued last Tuesday, another this Tuesday, pray that the third continues tonight.

Exactly, we tend to dominate the Preds in recent years. Really hoping that continues.

Reactions: oilers'72

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Exactly, we tend to dominate the Preds in recent years. Really hoping that continues.
A lot of that has been Leon though. 10 goals and 3 assists over that stretch.

He also had 4 goals against them the year before despite Edmonton losing the season series that year, though they lost the series that year only by a single point due to a SO loss. Going back 7 games Edmonton has earned 13 to Nashvilles 3 with Leon scoring 14 goals in 3 assists.

He's been a little quiet lately.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
A lot of that has been Leon though. 10 goals and 3 assists over that stretch.

He also had 4 goals the against the year before despite Edmonton losing the season series that year, though they lost the series that year only by a single point due to a SO loss. Going back 7 games Edmonton has earned 13 to Nashvilles 3 with Leon scoring 14 goals in 3 assists.

He's been a little quiet lately.

Leon is the Preds daddy, hopefully he lights them up.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Connors Art Ross is being threatened. Hoping for a big night from him. I know individual accomplishments are passé but it does matter in some sense. Oilers need to show they can provide McD an environment to play his best hockey, and McD needs to show the rest of the League that he’s the best so that we can get better chances of signing UFAs here that wouldn’t otherwise.

Reactions: TB12

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
All the Preds have to do in order to win this game is to wear Green Jerseys. I'm surprised our rivals to the South haven't caught on to this strategy.

Reactions: Oilers 322

BamaOil

Nov 18, 2018
Since I live in Alabama, Nashville is the only Oilers game I go to. So far we're undefeated in all of the games I've been to. Last game was 2 years ago 2 weeks before COVID lockdown and we pounded the absolute shit out of them. Tonight, I'll be sitting right behind the Oilers bench. Take my f***in energy boys LFG!

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I'm not going to even worry much about the Wild game. It was an automatic loss and we all knew it. You'd almost think that team was specifically bred to stop the Oilers. It's just a really really really really REALLY BAD match up for us.

While I'm still not very confident in our playoff abilities, we do play well against the Preds. Does anyone else here miss Neimo? I really hope we bring him back up here soon. I didn't watch the full Wild game but sounds like Keith was a disaster. He had better come to play. He's a veteran and we (ok maybe not all of us) will expect him to play a lot better.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
So painful to watch Tanner Jeannot play, like seriously the guy was playing what 200km away from EDM ? Wish out scouts stepped the f*** up and signed him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad