Rumor: Oilers may be out (for now) on Karlsson due to $$. Looking at Klingberg & Gostisbehere as alternatives

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Hopefully McDavid will remember this combination of posturing and refusal to spend a couple of million to get a deal done, along with the weak efforts to improve the goaltending and defense positions when his current deal ends.

You sound confused.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
It’s really the only logical outcome
Yup.
With his contract, I always figured Karlsson was as unmovable as a guy like Carey Price was.... it's just too much money until the guy is too old, and no one can take that kind of risk (or accept retaining enough to make the guys tradable).

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Klingberg and Ghost are redundant - and Klingberg is just so brutal man.

I just don't understand why a franchise like Edmonton, who sorely misses a d-man of Klefbom's ilk, doesn't go and shop for one of them instead... Someone who can handle top pair and PK shut down duties at least...

Reactions: LTIR

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Klingberg and Ghost are redundant - and Klingberg is just so brutal man.

I just don't understand why a franchise like Edmonton, who sorely misses a d-man of Klefbom's ilk, doesn't go and shop for one of them instead... Someone who can handle top pair and PK shut down duties at least...
They severely need a Tanev like defenceman

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Isn’t this what the Arizona Coyotes are for? A franchise you launder your dirty trades and salaires through.

Make it happen - have to see Karlsson and McDavid play together

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The Leafs did with Kessel. The Sharks has already said they are will to retain 20% hitch is 2.3 million for 5 years so your wrong . The Oilers want 5M retained and that’s not happening. Solution zero retention but Campbell has to go back

The context was a 3rd team retaining for five years. Not the original team like Kessel and Eriksson.

Reactions: Mr Positive

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Klingberg would be an epic fail.

If the good offensive defensemen are out of reach, get a defensive one, no matter what your cherry picking players want, Holland.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Why in the world do some oilers fans want EK? Scoring goals and their PP isn’t the problem. He’s the last guy I’d want to spend decent futures on if I was an oilers fan

He's the leading 5v5 scorer in the league, forwards included. Oilers want to be able to win (score) away from the PP for the playoffs.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I mean, I'd listen, but I'd be asking for everything the Oilers have as far as prospects/picks.

I'm talking Holloway + Bourgault + 1st + cap dump. Maybe more, depending on retention. I think the Oilers would rightly balk at that. I just don't think our teams are a fit.

The Oilers wouldn't balk at that.

If there's enough retention that Karlsson is under $8m, then they'd pay even more. Bouchard too.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The Leafs did with Kessel. The Sharks has already said they are will to retain 20% hitch is 2.3 million for 5 years so your wrong . The Oilers want 5M retained and that’s not happening. Solution zero retention but Campbell has to go back

thry sign him and thry needed to trade him

OEL out of Phoenix was the same

sharks moving Karlsson is similar

the issue is 3rd team pass thrus. Thst is not happening unless a ransom comes to the third team.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Wonder if Orlov potentially being available now has Holland shifting gears. Orlov seems like he’d be a great fit on the Oilers blueline and fill more of a need than Karlsson.

Also, probably can’t find a link to this, but I distinctly remember Holland and company having interest in Orlov a million years ago when Kenny was with the Wings and Orlov was young.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
EDM never had a chance anyways. The media hyped it up when in reality both sides were never close. lol

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Desperate times call for desperate measures for Ken Holland. Is this the first year ever that he will sacrifice his 1st round pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad