Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 4-0 to Coyotes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDeathbyCheerios*

I don't mind him. He's not as bland as Debrusk, nor does it bother me that the on air guy is consistently critical of a team that is consistently bad.
It's not the critical part. The other teams and refs can only seem to do wrong if it's benefiting the oilers.

Oilers get a pp it's cause the refs had a weak call. Weak call against the Oilers? Great reffing says Remenda

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
With Hall,McDavid,Eberle,Draisatl,Yakupov,RNH,...Pouliot,Purcell,Maroon as well up front....something is seriously wrong with this team...

Well as you said ..thats everyone up front. The problem is on the backend imo

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
It's not the critical part. The other teams and refs can only seem to do wrong if it's benefiting the oilers.

Oilers get a pp it's cause the refs had a weak call. Weak call against the Oilers? Great reffing says Remenda

Haven't heard that from him.

Just tonight, Kassian got a penalty for lightly tapping an opponent with his stick and Remenda was quick to point it out as a bad call.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's pretty embarrassing that the Coyotes are a very crappy team and we still manage to be worse than them.

When will we score at home again?

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
With Hall,McDavid,Eberle,Draisatl,Yakupov,RNH,...Pouliot,Purcell,Maroon as well up front....something is seriously wrong with this team...

Yes, because they are not using the classic PP model. We don't have a shot from the point right now. You feed the point, have someone in front of the net blocking, and you retrieve. We are using the fancy pants model right now. Nelson had good success with the classic model.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I don't mind him. He's not as bland as Debrusk, nor does it bother me that the on air guy is consistently critical of a team that is consistently bad.
I think he is overbearing and goes way to in-depth with things such as a player lifting a stick. I don't mind that he is critical but I do mind when he sees things that didn't actually happen and I have to listen to it for a minimum 20 seconds straight afterward. Sometimes he corrects himself but mostly he does not.

I would rather have Gene commentating and slipping in puns then having a know-it-all that does not know-it-all shoving crud down my ear holes for over an hour while I'm trying to enjoy what little enjoyment the Oilers bring me today.

Tl;dr: He talks to hear himself speak.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

A big problem is if "The Kneecap Assassin" could get a damn shot through instead of having them blocked by the first guy in the line of fire, they wouldn't spend 3/4's of their powerplays having to restart from behind their own red line retrieving the puck.

Too much perimeter ******** and not one guy who can get a shot through from past the circles.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Oilers are: 0/3 tonight, 1 for last 29, and 4/50 last 19 games on the Power Play.

Fans are: blaming the refs.

Good reading comprehension. No one mentioned Smith's stellar performance, our power play, or confidence at all.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I think he is overbearing and goes way to in-depth with things such as a player lifting a stick. I don't mind that he is critical but I do mind when he sees things that didn't actually happen and I have to listen to it for a minimum 20 seconds straight afterward. Sometimes he corrects himself but mostly he does not.

I would rather have Gene commentating and slipping in puns then having a know-it-all that does not know-it-all shoving crud down my ear holes for over an hour while I'm trying to enjoy what little enjoyment the Oilers bring me today.

Try listening to Michels/Stauffer for a few games, Remenda won't bother you near as much after that experience

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Mike Smith when facing the Oilers

JjEHr.png

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011

Pretty much. Remenda freaking out about Fayne accidentally hitting the ref with the puck when it was an accident and the right play in the situation is the kind of thing that makes me not stand him. It was so over the top it sounded like a wrestling promo, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad