Confirmed with Link: Oilers Do Not Match Broberg ($4.58M X2) & Holloway ($2.29M x 2) Offer Sheets | Oilers acquire STL 3rd '28 & Paul Fischer for Futures

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
From the Blues website; Broberg, 23, has played 81 games for the Oilers over the last three seasons, registering two goals and 11 assists, after being selected in the first round (No. 8 overall) in the 2019 NHL Draft. The Orebro, Sweden, native has also played in 20 career playoff games for Edmonton, including 10 games during their run to the 2024 Stanley Cup Final in which he posted two goals and an assist. The offer to Broberg is for a two-year contract at $4,580,917 per year, the maximum offer that would require a second-round draft pick as compensation.

Holloway, 22, has participated in 89 games for the Oilers since entering the league in 2022-23 as a former first-round pick (No. 14 overall) in the 2020 NHL Draft. He tallied nine goals and nine assists during those two seasons. The Calgary, Alberta, native and University of Wisconsin product has also played 26 career playoff games, including 25 during Edmonton’s journey to the 2024 Stanley Cup Final in which he contributed five goals and two assists. The offer to Holloway is for a two-year contract at $2,290,457 per year, the maximum offer that would require a third-round draft pick as compensation.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
This is a nasty move by St. Louis. I suspect they match on Holloway but that Broberg OS is etremely problematic. To make it work they would have to move Ceci and pretty much know that Kane was LTIR for the season.

Bowman is going to earn his money fast or he will be starting off with a big hole to dig out of.

Myride

Mar 4, 2016
Edmonton
This is a nasty move by St. Louis. I suspect they match on Holloway but that Broberg OS is etremely problematic. To make it work they would have to move Ceci and pretty much know that Kane was LTIR for the season.

Bowman is going to earn his money fast or he will be starting off with a big hole to dig out of.
I don't think they have a real option but to LTIR Kane and shed Ceci.....and imo thats what he needs to do.

Myride

Mar 4, 2016
Edmonton
Anyone know if these offersheets have been signed by Holloway broberg? Or are at Louis saying they have offersheeeted them and waiting for descion? Or does the 7 days start now?
TSN only saying offersheeted. No news if signed by either but did state 7 days starting now.
Blues website blowing up already.

Reactions: oilers'72

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
So much for jeff Jackson super off season. Really dropped the ball on this one. No way can we match the broberg deal. Can't throw 4 Mill at a guy in hoping he earns it when you're cap strapped

Short of Jeff Jackson putting a gun to the head of these players and forcing them to sign smaller contracts that you would prefer, I’m not really sure what he was supposed to do here.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Short of Jeff Jackson putting a gun to the head of these players and forcing them to sign smaller contracts that you would prefer, I’m not really sure what he was supposed to do here.
Smaller contracts like i prefer? How about contracts they are worth. Nither player is worth what they were just offered. You think inl these players new these lucrative deals would be offered so held out on edmonton? 🤣🤣

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad