Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 - Canucks 1 (OT) || Shooter Tutor Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Over under on tsn 1040 discussing food inatead of sports. 10 times in 3 hours

Discussing food inbetween laughing to the point of tears about inside jokes and impersonations of old hockey arena annoucers.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
'Brutal' is too strong a word I agree (except for the coach) but its a competitive league and even bad teams are "in" most games. And certainly a few of our players - Miller and Tanev mainly - have been fantastic so that further covers up other flaws and problems with this team. And sure a lot of guys haven't been scoring but that's kinda the problem also. Adam Cracknell and Radim Vrbata 100% arent going to continue their current paces but I suspect Cracknells pace is more inflated than Vrbatas is deflated right now. It's not like Vrbata has been a consistent, reliable 30g player over his career. He's hit it twice but is really more of a 20g guy. And other than Vrbata, nobody (including Daniel) looks like they'll threaten even 20.

So are we a good team that has succeeded despite some slow starts? Or are we a bad team that's gotten great goaltending and a fortunate schedule so far?

Can't say for sure but I can't blame some people for leaning towards the latter.

I'll just concede that I'm watching a different game than most people and move on.

coolcanucksfan

Oct 12, 2011
Vancouver
Yahoooooooo, we got a point!

2. Ben Hutton is going to be the best defenceman the Canucks ever had. There I said it. This kid looks awesome.

You think he'll be better than Tanev? Thought Tanev is really good so if Hutton will be better than him, then he'll be a very very very good D.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Hutton will never be as good as Tanev is defensively.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...0&teamid=29&type=fenwick&sort=A60&sortdir=ASC

Guy posts insane stats, a positive possession player + leads the league in shots blocked is insanely hard to find.

Also, Bo Ho has been pretty good defensively so far,

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=2024&withagainst=true&season=2015-16&sit=5v5

44% Ozone starts 4th best FA60 on the team.

Pretty impressive.

Prust too, guy is posting some nice defensive numbers.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I'll just concede that I'm watching a different game than most people and move on.

Nah, we're all watching the same game but I guess we all have different expectations for how the rest of the season will play out. It's like trying to identify a picture of an elephant by seeing only 6/82 of it. There's a lot to play out still and things will almost certainly look different in April than they do now. The question is whether we've seen the best of the team already or whether they can keep it up or even get better.

Didn't mean to rain all over your expectations however. I miss being not more than a touch jaded myself :cry:

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Nah, we're all watching the same game but I guess we all have different expectations for how the rest of the season will play out. It's like trying to identify a picture of an elephant by seeing only 6/82 of it. There's a lot to play out still and things will almost certainly look different in April than they do now. The question is whether we've seen the best of the team already or whether they can keep it up or even get better.

Didn't mean to rain all over your expectations however. I miss being not more than a touch jaded myself :cry:

No, we're not. You said it yourself -you're jaded. You're looking at the puzzle through warped glasses.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
No, we're not. You said it yourself -you're jaded. You're looking at the puzzle through warped glasses.

My 'jadedness' doesn't affect what I see on the ice. It certainly does affect whether I think what I'm seeing today is the peak or the valley of this team. I agree Miller, Tanev, Edler have all played very well. I question whether it is entirely sustainable for 82 games. I am also accounting for the quality of the teams that we have played to get these 'positive' results so far.

It isn't a drastic or significant as you are making it out to be.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Vrbata with Sedins? check
Kid line together? check
Sutter in the middle? check
Neither Dorsett nor Prust on a scoring line? check

Did Willie fall and bump his head or something? Or is this all a crazy dream?

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
McCann? More like McPresbox!

That's how you treat your top goal scorer willie!! ATA BOY!

Sounds like a McDonald's meal. I'm sure he'll return to the line-up soon. Remember, we have several rookies trying to make this team, so trying to fit all of them in at once is hard. Last year it was just Horvat, so managing one rookie's ice-time is much easier than managing two (or more depending on how you see the others).

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Scratching our leading goal scorer is just idiotic. Give me these lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Burrows-McCann-Hansen
Prust-Sutter-Cracknell

Sir Bennington

Jun 20, 2014
Los Angeles
Scratching our leading goal scorer is just idiotic. Give me these lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-McCann-Hansen
Prust-Sutter-Cracknell

I don't like Sutter on the 4th line, I'd much rather McCann on the 2nd and try him as a LW and demote baertschi to the 3rd

Sedin-Sedin-McCann
McCann-Horvat-Virtanen
Baertschi-Sutter-Hansen
Burrows-Cracknell-Dorsett

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I don't like Sutter on the 4th line, I'd much rather McCann on the 2nd and try him as a LW and demote baertschi to the 3rd

Sedin-Sedin-McCann
McCann-Horvat-Virtanen
Baertschi-Sutter-Hansen
Burrows-Cracknell-Dorsett

When Higgins gets back we can have:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-McCann-Hansen
Higgins-Sutter-Cracknell

Who cares what line they are on this list. We all know how WD rolls his lines.

Also Jared McCann has been one of our better guys in the faceoff circle. Why would you want to put him on the wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad