GDT: Oh right, we have a game today. I forgot.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That’s so funny. Are they afraid that the Blues would run Kooch?

FWIW: Don’t you think the Blues knew Antii was missing too?

No, I think it's less about the opposing team and more about the viewing audience. I can tell you that, on multiple occasions, the producer has used the phrase "I can't show that and keep my job" (or some variance thereof) when it comes to showing anything that might put the Canes in a poor light.

Even packages that have certain former Canes in them have been nixed by the producer because the team doesn't want them aired. For example, if the broadcast is talking about Jordan Staal and they run a package of goals he's scored, but in the celebration of one of those goals, Lindholm is featured, they can't show that.

Even the stuff I send to them, it's been very basic packages for opposing goals, but Canes goals I have free reign to add shot speed, pass distance, player speed, etc.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
No, I think it's less about the opposing team and more about the viewing audience. I can tell you that, on multiple occasions, the producer has used the phrase "I can't show that and keep my job" (or some variance thereof) when it comes to showing anything that might put the Canes in a poor light.

Even packages that have certain former Canes in them have been nixed by the producer because the team doesn't want them aired. For example, if the broadcast is talking about Jordan Staal and they run a package of goals he's scored, but in the celebration of one of those goals, Lindholm is featured, they can't show that.

Even the stuff I send to them, it's been very basic packages for opposing goals, but Canes goals I have free reign to add shot speed, pass distance, player speed, etc.
Appreciate your inside information. Good stuff. Don't jeopardize your job though.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Even the stuff I send to them, it's been very basic packages for opposing goals, but Canes goals I have free rein to add shot speed, pass distance, player speed, etc.
Thanks for feedback. Sheds light on a small minded front office though

Reactions: cptjeff and Tryamw

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Appreciate your inside information. Good stuff. Don't jeopardize your job though.

Yeah, that post was probably a bit risky, but it’s nothing anyone working production isn’t aware of. And to be clear, I’m getting bits and pieces and drawing my own conclusions. Take none of this as anything but second/third hand info.

Maybe they didn’t want to show Raanta not on the bench because he **** his pants and wanted to save him some embarrassing questions.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Thanks for feedback. Sheds light on a small minded front office though
100% pure speculation on my part, but there’s a reason Michael Smith left the organization. And why Tripp and Mikes gaslighting is cranked up to 11 this season.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
100% pure speculation on my part, but there’s a reason Michael Smith left the organization. And why Tripp and Mikes gaslighting is cranked up to 11 this season.
Could be. Mike Smith's job was the media guy/content producer for the team. Nobody in that job on any NHL team is going to be critical of the team and they all toe the line. Maybe he felt they were overbearing, who knows though.

I know a couple of people who work in the same job as @Blueline Bomber , but for other teams. Next time I see them, I'll ask them if that's typical of their teams as well or if the Canes are an outlier.

Reactions: ndp and chaz4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad