Official Tank Thread of the Toronto Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Matt Tkachuk! Come on down ... and bring some Marner chemistry!

I always loved players like Iginla, Tkachuk & Shanahan. I remember Shanahan losing his mind on Tkachuk one game, Tkachuk was scared ****less & tried to get away & then ducked & covered. I like him though. I'll accept sonthe younger Tkachuk. Any baby Iginlas coming up? I have seen some Shanahans in the GTHL over the years, one was just drafted into the O, but they were nephews

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
I was originally cheering for Columbus but with the way they're playing there's no way they'll win this.

Now I'm cheering for a blowout where we can up our players' trade values.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
If we're going to win, at least we get 6 goals and boost all of our players' totals. Better returns for them at the deadline.

I like my losses close and my wins blowouts.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
They are both lottery picks. You guys are going to freak out when Matthews and Chychrun go to team out of the bottom 5.

There's about a 35% chance both go to a bottom 5, a 15% chance neither does, and 50% chance one does but not the other.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
If we're going to win, at least we get 6 goals and boost all of our players' totals. Better returns for them at the deadline.

I like my losses close and my wins blowouts.

That's exactly the mindset I have right now :laugh:

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Oilers had the worst run of three #1OA picks in recent history. If they'd been 3 years earlier, it could have been Kane, Stamkos, Tavares.

I don't blame them for bad drafting either, each pick was very defensible at the time.

Still, they should have been able to do something around them. Hall, RNH, Yakupov is still a solid forward core.

Those #1 overall picks are fine. They are a joke bc they could not draft anyone after the first round. Afterall, they do have a lot of high 2nd and 3rd rounds picks too.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
Ah well, at least the Canes and Devils got points, that was gonna be one of our winnable games.

Oilers are concerning me though, they look as hopeless as ever.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Those #1 overall picks are fine. They are a joke bc they could not draft anyone after the first round. Afterall, they do have a lot of high 2nd and 3rd rounds picks too.

Meh, Hall is good, RNH was never that impressive to me imo, more of an average lanky 1C than an ELITE franchise C like Tavares or Stammer

Yakupov was a pretty mediocre #1 in a mediocre draft, neither him or Galchenyuk are looking like 1st line top players more like solid top 6ers(although galch seems to be progressing a bit) anytime a 5'10 scoring winger is the top pick it's probably not a great draft(unless its patty kane who destroyed on his draft year)

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
The way these guys are starting to play and with this coach; our worst nightmare.

The tank a pipe dream.

and so on...........:)

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Meh, Hall is good, RNH was never that impressive to me imo, more of an average lanky 1C than an ELITE franchise C like Tavares or Stammer

Yakupov was a pretty mediocre #1 in a mediocre draft, neither him or Galchenyuk are looking like 1st line top players more like solid top 6ers(although galch seems to be progressing a bit) anytime a 5'10 scoring winger is the top pick it's probably not a great draft(unless its patty kane who destroyed on his draft year)

Considering the draft itself, RNH and Yuk were the right picks. Like I said, it had more to do with all their high 2nd and 3rd rounders not being in the NHL than anything.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005

With 20/20 hindsight, they should have moved back, robbed Burke, and taken Reilly. No way to know that at the time though. :popcorn:

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Are they playing better: yes, how could they not? This team was certainly better than their last 40 games indicated last year. Are they a playoff bubble team? Certainly not and if our players that are not considered core players going forward have great years I suspect management to trade every single player. How good will this team when the likes of Polak, Bozak, Boyes, PAP, Winnik, Reimer, etc could be traded?. Unless your name is Reilly this entire group is for sale to the highest bidder. We will be in the running for a lottery pick but I like the fact that the team is learning they Systems Babcock is teaching them.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It's way too early to judge teams, tanking or not, give it at least a month, then you can judge the team more accurately.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
Ah well, at least the Canes and Devils got points, that was gonna be one of our winnable games.

Oilers are concerning me though, they look as hopeless as ever.

Off topic, but your avatar makes me smile. :handclap:

I'm a bit surprised at how poorly the Jackets have been doing so far. A slow start that will hopefully be correct over time. Oilers are also obviously a problem. If they win the lottery this year, I may jump off a bridge.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Blue Jackets will start winning soon. They're getting league worst goaltending and I don't think that will continue for long.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
Off topic, but your avatar makes me smile. :handclap:

I'm a bit surprised at how poorly the Jackets have been doing so far. A slow start that will hopefully be correct over time. Oilers are also obviously a problem. If they win the lottery this year, I may jump off a bridge.
Keep spreading the word. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad