OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI :Self-proclaimed ‘sports dork’ Michael Felger of The Sports Hub feels like he ‘will do this forever’

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
If time and inclination allow, check the Unanchored Boston podcast, featuring Bob Lobel and Mike Lynch.

Both are a bit less than ambulatory these days, but still full of love for Boston sports and for this town.

Their latest guest, the estimable Sean McAdam,

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins offseason - 11 a.m. Friday 08.02.24​

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

A few thoughts/questions:
-How long until WEEI just plays music from 10-6? They might have better numbers.
-How much longer does Rich get at ZLX?
-Hillman will probably beat T&H in a monthly or quarterly period within the next 12 months
-Ken Laird should get his resume ready
So

The real star is 98.5

Felger & Mazz are kings o sports radio

Gresh show is horrible

Ken Laird I don’t think is issue it’s Mike Thomas he came over from 98.5 and brought Adam Jones and destroyed multiple shows

Fred Toucher is tough to listen to

GHS is pretty good but Curtis has pushed himself into the middle of this to much - he talks to much and thinks he knows everything- he’s also reckless and someday will slip up and get bounced or suspended again

Reactions: Gordoff

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
GHS is pretty good but Curtis has pushed himself into the middle of this to much - he talks to much and thinks he knows everything- he’s also reckless and someday will slip up and get bounced or suspended again
Minihane said on a podcast a few months ago that Curtis is safe because he sucked up to Hillman and Greg basically runs the station since his show is keeping the lights on.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Minihane said on a podcast a few months ago that Curtis is safe because he sucked up to Hillman and Greg basically runs the station since his show is keeping the lights on.
Yup - Curtis is kissing his ass

They had a good show with Merloni, Fauria, & Mego

Goofy and silly but no trolling 98.5 crap and different professional athletes who played here

Merloni was very strong on baseball

And they break it up for Adam Jones

Ridiculous

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I can’t see Rich on ZLX lasting

Nice Guy upbeat show but he really wants to talk music

I never understood T&R but it was probably the station why successful

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I can’t see Rich on ZLX lasting

Nice Guy upbeat show but he really wants to talk music

I never understood T&R but it was probably the station why successful
Toucher and Rich balanced each other well. Fred has natural off the cuff charisma but lacks focus as direction. Rich is a hard worker and produces segments and bits well, has good ideas for content, but he's not as charismatic as a frontman. Giving him his own show is like Charlie Coyle on the top line. Good guy but it's not going to cut it.

I find myself listening to neither these days. If there's a big sports news story I may put on Toucher on Spotify, but that's about it

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Has Wiggy ever talked about the Vikings boat party on WEEI? He was on the boat and totally part of it. Athletes have gotten so soft and are losers they are all Connor McDavids these days we need more scandals.

I know we all hate my college buddy Nick Wright but our other friend Danny Parkins is about to get his own show on FS1. The kid who was inbetween them for running the Syracuse radio station had Adam Jones job/offer 12 years ago and it got pulled at the last second. Sucks wish he lived in Boston.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Has Wiggy ever talked about the Vikings boat party on WEEI? He was on the boat and totally part of it. Athletes have gotten so soft and are losers they are all Connor McDavids these days we need more scandals.

I know we all hate my college buddy Nick Wright but our other friend Danny Parkins is about to get his own show on FS1. The kid who was inbetween them for running the Syracuse radio station had Adam Jones job/offer 12 years ago and it got pulled at the last second. Sucks wish he lived in Boston.
the only reason is Undisputed has run its course twice nationally.... once Shannon bolted IT was pulled.... and now Bayless is bolting..... THE only difference was Pierce was added as a last ditch once the NFL stops dominating the topic du jour

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on futures of Montgomery, Swayman and the Bruins - 11 a.m. Friday 08.09.24​

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It’s all tied in

Whoever thought it was a good idea to break up a non troll 2-6 Show of Merloni, Fauria, and Mego for Adam Jones and another troll show should be fired

Gresh is unlistenable- Guy has never been wrong

The end is near for the 10-6 slots not sure what they do but

Gresh & Jones should go

Jones back to nights because he’s better then Joe Murray who is gawd awful

I’d try Keefe & Mego with someone

Fitzy doesn’t shut up

Hart is good but a hardo

Kirk Minehane is a one trick poney

Gerry Callahan is too angry
Gerry Callahan is always angry. I did business with him 2 years ago. What a
raving pain in the ass.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I hear Nick Cattles on Sports Hub and that is a 100% no doubter turn the show off
He atleast talks sports, doesn’t troll, and does his homework

Ironically if you don’t want to listen to a bunch of stupid shit I’d go with him but I can see why he can’t stick

None are really any good

Gerry Callahan is always angry. I did business with him 2 years ago. What a
raving pain in the ass.
He didn’t always used to be - he ended up there though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad