Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.) - Rebooted and Rebooted Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
given all the revelations in deflategate over the weekend it's high time F&M show had a "robert Kraft sees the light" moment of their own and apologize to fans and listeners about the way they have behaved during all this, lest they lose what few defenders they have left, such as yours truly.

what do i mean by this? lets start by the fact that they should know better, and they do know better, and they're acting like charlatans. I've been following this very insightful legal website since last week - http://www.stradleylaw.com/deflategate-legal-questions/ - and she brings up this point:

In sum, if the league can use an unfair process in punishing both the Patriots and Tom Brady, they can do this to any team, player and fanbase. They already used a terrible process with Bountygate, but unless you were a Saints fan, you probably didn’t notice or care.

Matt Chatham on this site....http://www.footballbyfootball.com/c...t-to-be-a-sucker-on-nfl-player-rights....also touches upon this issue when he states:

I played, live, and work in the New England market, so that is really what led me to study everything as best I could in this Deflategate nonsense. I researched the science, rulings of comparable precedent, the CBA, and all the reports and public statements. These are steps that in a million years I wouldn't have taken if I didn't live and work here.

Felger and Mazz also live, work, etc. right here, not in tuscaloosa or des moines. It is their job to be on top of all the angles regarding this issue. I have no issue with them taking a contrarian angle but they have been so over the top and scripted lately that they are treading dangerously close to crossing the rubicon into Ron Borges territory. Is that where you really want to be guys?

Day by day it's becoming more obvious that this was never about deflated balls but about a concerted "gotcha" sting operation orchestrated by a huge ego with a major axe to grind. What Kinsell peddled to the masses via Mortensen as his patsy wasn't misinformation, it was disinformation. Huuuge difference.

So Michael Tiberias Felger, take it from a (somewhat) staunch defender: Drop the scripts the producers have given you, take off the clown nose, and start to have a mind of your own. you may think you're playing to a national audience that wants to hear that, but remember, how many people, anywhere in the country, take Ron Borges seriously anymore?

As the saying goes - when you've lost Pie, you've lost the country.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Felger last week on TV said that he believes Goodell more than Brady. Yet not a too short time ago he was calling him a "gutless coward". So which is it Felger?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/08/felger-ravens-nfl-both-gutless-cowards/

This has irked me since the beginning and just goes to show the depth Felger will go to rile up the local crowd to drive ratings.

• He tore the NFL apart on the suspension given to Rice.

• Ranted on how the NFL overstepped itself with the punishment.

• Went on and on about the integrity of the league when they lied with the "No tape ever made it to this office" comment.

• Then poo-pooed the NFL's "independent" audit on themselves funded by themselves.

But suddenly takes everything Goodell says as gospel. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Felger thinks the audience is stupid.

This has irked me since the beginning and just goes to show the depth Felger will go to rile up the local crowd to drive ratings.

• He tore the NFL apart on the suspension given to Rice.

• Ranted on how the NFL overstepped itself with the punishment.

• Went on and on about the integrity of the league when they lied with the "No tape ever made it to this office" comment.

• Then poo-pooed the NFL's "independent" audit on themselves funded by themselves.

But suddenly takes everything Goodell says as gospel. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Felger thinks the audience is stupid.

and he's right, we are stupid. Unfortunately for him, we're not THAAT stupid.

when the only argument you have is to repeat "he did it....you know he did it....HE DID IT", in several different voice intonations then you got nuthin'.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
and he's right, we are stupid. Unfortunately for him, we're not THAAT stupid.

when the only argument you have is to repeat "he did it....you know he did it....HE DID IT", in several different voice intonations then you got nuthin'.

Sports Hub is now 6 years old and has become as tired as WEEI was in 2009.

I feel WEEI is about to do something drastic with the Pats season upon us and Ordway will return. Does he join midday, mornings or does he move back to afternoon drive and Dale and Holley take over midday. Ordway is good on the Pats beat and as long as he keeps Steve and Fred out of the picture he could rebound nicely.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I don't doubt ESPN is behind Mortensen's non-appearance. They've been in the NFL's corner since Day 1. To this day they keep saying the Patriots taped the Rams' practice before the Superbowl. They sure as hell aren't going to correct Mortensen's canard - it has served and continues to serve the NFL well.

The Patriots released several emails proving that the NFL lied through multiple leaks and refused to retract them. Response from ESPN? Deafening silence. They are the NFL's lapdogs.

What this whole mess needs is a Woodward and Bernstein to get to the bottom of it. Do any exist today?

In a word, no.

Today's journalists (and I use that term lightly) are all about constructing and maintaining a narrative. They should have gone into fiction writing but that doesn't pay as well as journalism. They have no interest in reporting the facts or even looking for them. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
In a word, no.

Today's journalists (and I use that term lightly) are all about constructing and maintaining a narrative. They should have gone into fiction writing but that doesn't pay as well as journalism. They have no interest in reporting the facts or even looking for them. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

The problem today is the medium in which stuff comes out. Twitter allows people to put out information instantaneously. Journalism used to be about getting a tip from a source, corroborating that tip, investigating and then reporting. There was not as much of a rush because everyone went by that principle and the stories were printed later. Now a person hears a tip and goes right to Twitter. So now there is a rush to be the first to report rather than being accurate or confirming the facts between multiple sources.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Goodell is a main reason ESPN let Simmons walk and most likely Olbermann as well.

ESPN will do anything to keep the NFL happy and Bristol Clown College sold its soul a long time ago.

NBC would be overjoyed to have Brady's suspension stay at four as people would tune in the first game to see how the Pats look without Brady and then if the suspension holds Brady's first game back would be a Sunday night game AT INDIANAPOLIS. (Pats 100-0 anyone?)

I don't doubt ESPN is behind Mortensen's non-appearance. They've been in the NFL's corner since Day 1. To this day they keep saying the Patriots taped the Rams' practice before the Superbowl. They sure as hell aren't going to correct Mortensen's canard - it has served and continues to serve the NFL well.

The Patriots released several emails proving that the NFL lied through multiple leaks and refused to retract them. Response from ESPN? Deafening silence. They are the NFL's lapdogs.

What this whole mess needs is a Woodward and Bernstein to get to the bottom of it. Do any exist today?

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Sports Hub is now 6 years old and has become as tired as WEEI was in 2009.

I feel WEEI is about to do something drastic with the Pats season upon us and Ordway will return. Does he join midday, mornings or does he move back to afternoon drive and Dale and Holley take over midday. Ordway is good on the Pats beat and as long as he keeps Steve and Fred out of the picture he could rebound nicely.

when is TSH Pats contract up? It's downright comical how diametrically opposed the 2 afternoon shows are. You would think EEI is the home of the Pats and not the other way around.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
when is TSH Pats contract up? It's downright comical how diametrically opposed the 2 afternoon shows are. You would think EEI is the home of the Pats and not the other way around.

I am curious on where the Red Sox will wind up in 2017. WEEI has lost millions on that radio deal and and the Red Sox are going to have to accept much less on the next contract. Could CBS wind up with all 4 teams?

For that matter could the Bruins be considering moving to WEEI?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
The problem today is the medium in which stuff comes out. Twitter allows people to put out information instantaneously. Journalism used to be about getting a tip from a source, corroborating that tip, investigating and then reporting. There was not as much of a rush because everyone went by that principle and the stories were printed later. Now a person hears a tip and goes right to Twitter. So now there is a rush to be the first to report rather than being accurate or confirming the facts between multiple sources.

Sadly true. It's all gossip now. When a journalist doesn't insist on verification, he's nothing but a tool for anyone with an agenda.

Mortensen was used. But what's more pathetic, being used, or not contesting it?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Small consolation that the Pats are thick skinned enough to allow their product to be broadcast by an entity that includes regular hosts that hold them in such contempt.

Kind of wish the NFL would let ESPN do the same.

Of course, we'll see how things shake out when the Pats contract with 98.5 is up.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Small consolation that the Pats are thick skinned enough to allow their product to be broadcast by an entity that includes regular hosts that hold them in such contempt.

Kind of wish the NFL would let ESPN do the same.

Of course, we'll see how things shake out when the Pats contract with 98.5 is up.

Jonathan Kraft wanted the Pats on FM and on a station that wasn't sports talk and WBCN was a perfect fit for that. They certainly were not worried what Tank might say. :laugh:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Michael Felgar, the man who said the Big Dig was worth the money, has no credibility in the subjects of news, politics and especially sports. Can he please move back to Milwaukee and free us from this nascence.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
that's it? that was it? wow...just...WOW! well it's official, i'll be taking 98.5 off of my car setting and replacing it with....what the hell is the signal of the evil empire anyway? They have completely beclowned themselves with this stunt.

You waste a bunch of time blathering about how the judge wants this settled? All judges want shyte settled before going to court! Then not even a mention of the emails and the fact that this should now be called kensilgate?! Like it never even happened? Profile in courage baby.

If Felger thinks Florio is Kraft's 3rd son (or whatever) what does that make him? The evil spawn of Goodell's coupling with a she wolf?

It's been fun guys, but this is just ridiculous, and it's getting very tedious.

I'm going to have rely on you guys to tell me what theyre talking about moving forward because i'm over and out.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I think social media has made that tendency to get out there first with a story never mind if it is accurate or not a lot stronger. There has always been pressure to get the scoop.

What bothers me is everybody remembers the headline or the lead but nobody remembers the retraction or correction, if there is one.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I think social media has made that tendency to get out there first with a story never mind if it is accurate or not a lot stronger. There has always been pressure to get the scoop.

What bothers me is everybody remembers the headline or the lead but nobody remembers the retraction or correction, if there is one.

"I'd rather be 1st and wrong than 2nd and right". Who would have thought something insightful would have come out of true detective season 2.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Sadly true. It's all gossip now. When a journalist doesn't insist on verification, he's nothing but a tool for anyone with an agenda.

Mortensen was used. But what's more pathetic, being used, or not contesting it?

I'm sure that he and other journalists know they are being used as they in turn are using the source, that's the way the game is played today. If he didn't know then he's a fool.

I have no sympathy for him or the NFL. They are richly reaping what they have sown. Sucks to be them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad