Injury Report: Official Injury Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtones520

Jun 10, 2008
Midland, MI
Fair point on Dekeyser.

Only suggest putting Brunner with Datsyuk to try and get Brunner going again. Plus it seems like he's had time with Z then time with the 3rd line. Just want to see what they could do together. I'm fine with Abby with Dats since he wins puck battles and goes to the net. Seems redundant and counter-productive to have both Abby and Cleary with Dats since they do the same thing. I'd put Brunner in Franzen's spot as the triggerman on the line.

I should be more clear. I think we should play Brunner with Datsyuk or Zetterberg as well but I understand what Babcock is going for playing Cleary with Datsyuk.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Is Helm ever coming back?

Him basically missing the entire season shows how overrated he is.

1626888-blank_facepalm_224_super.gif

dtones520

Jun 10, 2008
Midland, MI
Franzen is on pace for 58 points and a +27 in 82 games. Need to find something else to complain about.

He is on pace for 21 goals over an 82 game schedule as well. When he was signed to his contract he was signed as a guy who would be putting up 30-40 goals a year. As for what he would be on pace for over 82 games, that's exactly why I am complaining. Franzen is capable of being a 30 goal, 70-80+ point guy if he put in the effort and used his size. Instead he plays with no passion. And if it is because he doesn't like Babcock, then show him the door, because Babcock is more of an asset to this organization than a guy like Franzen.

How many forwards with Franzens skillset get to play with one of the two best centers in the NHL every night?

dtones520

Jun 10, 2008
Midland, MI
Me too.

Zero offense.

Well, it's either score a bunch of goals and give up a ton or the opposite. Currently Detroit is 10th in goals allowed, is that something you really expected out of this group coming into the year? Didn't think so. But I am guessing Babcock had nothing to do with that right?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well, it's either score a bunch of goals and give up a ton or the opposite. Currently Detroit is 10th in goals allowed, is that something you really expected out of this group coming into the year? Didn't think so. But I am guessing Babcock had nothing to do with that right?

Cleary is the sole reason for the entire team being hard to score against? I guess I didn't know that. Do tell me more.

He's -4 which is 3rd worst for forwards on the team.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
He is on pace for 21 goals over an 82 game schedule as well. When he was signed to his contract he was signed as a guy who would be putting up 30-40 goals a year. As for what he would be on pace for over 82 games, that's exactly why I am complaining. Franzen is capable of being a 30 goal, 70-80+ point guy if he put in the effort and used his size. Instead he plays with no passion. And if it is because he doesn't like Babcock, then show him the door, because Babcock is more of an asset to this organization than a guy like Franzen.

How many forwards with Franzens skillset get to play with one of the two best centers in the NHL every night?

This is a perfect example of some fan's unreasonable expectations of Franzen.

He was never expected to be a 70-80 pt player, and he's not paid like one either. The guy has never even cracked 60pts a season so its utterly ridiculous to think he was signed with 70-80 pts a season in mind.

He has also only cracked 30 goals once in his career so to expect him to produce that every year is not realistic either.

If you compare him to other players making less than 4 million a season you'll probably find he's one of the more consistent point and goal producers of the bunch.

I think we all agree he can put more effort into his play, especially on the physical side of the game but I wouldn't expect a huge jump in his production. That side of his game has been consistent.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

He was never expected to be a 70-80 pt player, and he's not paid like one either. The guy has never even cracked 60pts a season so its utterly ridiculous to think he was signed with 70-80 pts a season in mind.

He has also only cracked 30 goals once in his career so to expect him to produce that every year is not realistic either.

If you compare him to other players making less than 4 million a season you'll probably find he's one of the more consistent point and goal producers of the bunch.

I think we all agree he can put more effort into his play, especially on the physical side of the game but I wouldn't expect a huge jump in his production. That side of his game has been consistent.

I agree that his production is a fine value for what he produces.

But I think management has always had a higher expectation for him based on his skill set and size. I think if his effort and compete level were more consistently higher he would produce better, but that's just me.

Babs on Franzen:

"When he feels it, it goes in," Babcock said. "To me, he should be one of the best power forwards in the league because of his hands, because of his skating, and he knows how to play."

"Mule’s one of those guys that has to decide if he’s going to be a great player in the league or a good player in the league for a long, long time. If he wants to be a great player then you have to call on yourself every single night. The great players dig in every night."

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I agree that his production is a fine value for what he produces.

But I think management has always had a higher expectation for him based on his skill set and size. I think if his effort and compete level were more consistently higher he would produce better, but that's just me.

Babs on Franzen:

That's Babcock attempting to motivate him. He also thinks Cleary and Abdelkader are top 6 forwards, that Lashoff is real good on defence and that Nyquist and Tatar aren't capable of playing in our top 6.

If the team thought Franzen was the kind of player to put up 70-80 pts and pot 30+ goals every season he'd be making between 5 and 6 million or maybe even more.

Sure we'd all like to see him work his ass off any maybe improve those numbers slightly, but I don't think we should expect those #'s from him. At some point we'll have to accept the fact that what he is, is what he will always be. A 20-30 goal scorer who will put up around 50 pts a season while seemingly not giving as much effort as we think he can.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That's Babcock attempting to motivate him. He also thinks Cleary and Abdelkader are top 6 forwards, that Lashoff is real good on defence and that Nyquist and Tatar aren't capable of playing in our top 6.

If the team thought Franzen was the kind of player to put up 70-80 pts and pot 30+ goals every season he'd be making between 5 and 6 million or maybe even more.

Sure we'd all like to see him work his ass off any maybe improve those numbers slightly, but I don't think we should expect those #'s from him. At some point we'll have to accept the fact that what he is, is what he will always be. A 20-30 goal scorer who will put up around 50 pts a season while seemingly not giving as much effort as we think he can.

That's possible as well.

I don't expect him to be a 70-80 point player. I do however think his goal totals could be a little higher in most years. He usually paces himself to be around 35 goals then goes through those terrible dry-spells.

RedWingsNow*

Those are the expectations that come when your lifetime deal was the priority that kept Detroit from signing Marian Hossa.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Those are the expectations that come when your lifetime deal was the priority that kept Detroit from signing Marian Hossa.

Hossa is a perfect example of my point.

He's the kind of guy you can expect to put up that many pts and to produce 30-40 goals a season. He consequently gets paid like a forward who puts up those #'s.

He turned down a similar contract to Franzens because he rightfully deserves to be paid more.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Let me check my Red Wings HFBoards drinking game rules...

Hossa vs. Franzen debate - CHECK

DRINK!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Let me check my Red Wings HFBoards drinking game rules...

Hossa vs. Franzen debate - CHECK

DRINK!

Cleary sucks- Drink

Fire Babcock- Drink

Nyquist is weak on his skates- Drink

Kronwall screened the goalie- Drink

Howard's overrated- Drink

Howard's underrated- Drink

Filppula sucks- Drink

Lashoff sucks- Drink

Quincey sucks- Drink

Abby's realgood- Drink

Franzen is floating- Drink

Cola is hurt- Drink

White is benched- Drink

Nyquist is sent back down- Drink

If hfboards were a drinking game I'd get drunk way too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad