Injury Report: Official Injury Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
If they do make trades to improve the club, they need to acquire a top 4 defenseman and another skilled center. Helm looks like he could be out awhile and Abdelkader cannot be the 3rd line center. They could move Flip to center that line, but he's better on the wing in the top 6. Acquiring another center also just gives them a lot more flexibility in their lineup construction.

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
If they do make trades to improve the club, they need to acquire a top 4 defenseman and another skilled center. Helm looks like he could be out awhile and Abdelkader cannot be the 3rd line center. They could move Flip to center that line, but he's better on the wing in the top 6. Acquiring another center also just gives them a lot more flexibility in their lineup construction.
I don't think they will. I wonder if the Tatar callup is sort of testing the waters. If we're going to be mediocre, can the AHL guys do a decent job filling in? I guess we'll find out.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Man, my two favorite players after Dats, and Z.

I hope with Helmer it's not anything longterm. I'm tired of the Wings losing great up and coming guys to injuries, accidents and medical anomalies....

I'd say the 5M major that helped us get two points against ST Loo was a break

One game vs the bigger picture. Just not the same.

RedWingsNow*

One game vs the bigger picture. Just not the same.

Two point swing vs St. Loo is a big picture deal in a 48 game season.

Smith out for 3 weeks isn't that critical to our short term success.

If White is back, Kindl isn't much of a downgrade on Smith -- if he's a downgrade at all.

Aug 6, 2012
Two point swing vs St. Loo is a big picture deal in a 48 game season.

Smith out for 3 weeks isn't that critical to our short term success.

If White is back, Kindl isn't much of a downgrade on Smith -- if he's a downgrade at all.

Huh? Kindl is definitely a downgrade over Smith. Why are people underrating Smith all of a sudden?

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Huh? Kindl is definitely a downgrade over Smith. Why are people underrating Smith all of a sudden?

Career potential? Yes Kindl is a huge downgrade on Smith but based on current play Kindl hasn't been much worse than Smith so far.
Kindl has more hits than Smith and only 2 less blocked shots in 1/2 as many games. Kindl's also a +2 in 4 games.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
He's the "most valuable" piece of the prospect pool, and he hasn't been good at all. He has no patience out there.

I don't think Smitty is the one who lacks patience here. :sarcasm:

Career potential? Yes Kindl is a huge downgrade on Smith but based on current play Kindl hasn't been much worse than Smith so far.
Kindl has more hits than Smith and only 2 less blocked shots in 1/2 as many games. Kindl's also a +2 in 4 games.

You're kidding? Smith has been logging 20-24 min/gm and you think losing him isn't a big deal so you get a guy who has never played that amt of IT? Okay.

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
Bert Dats Filp
Franz Zett Brunner
Tatar Nyquist Eaves
Miller Abs Tootoo

Can Nyquist win a few faceoffs? Throw this out.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
You're kidding? Smith has been logging 20-24 min/gm and you think losing him isn't a big deal so you get a guy who has never played that amt of IT? Okay.

I never said losing him wasn't a big deal, I was simply saying that based on the first 7 games of the season Smith isn't leaps and bounds ahead of Kindl, like some people seem to be suggesting. IMO Smith has been better but not by miles, even still I never said or implied that everything is OK, because we have Kindl.

Also FYI, Smith has only played 3 games at over 20 min/game the rest of the games he's been averaging around 17 minutes/game.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Unless no one else noticed, Smith was finally looking comfortable in the last two games. Feed Kindl with top4 minutes at own risk. Also, Ericsson has responded lately to ice time, but it's definitely not ideal for him or the team to play upwards 25 minutes. White better be ready Tuesday.

How we handle February could be make or break for this team. We've been been lucky for the injuries not to strike any of our five best players(knock on wood), but losing this much depth will cripple any team.

Aug 6, 2012
He's the "most valuable" piece of the prospect pool, and he hasn't been good at all. He has no patience out there.

Aside from the first few games you could argue he's been to our second or third best defense man behind Ericsson. And that's while playing alongside Quincey. Kindl has been fine physically but Smith is much more of a threat on the ice.

RedWingsNow*

Because Smith's play has not been good.

How ****ing breakways do you need to see him get burned on before you open your eyes and realize he has a lot to learn.

Don't get me wrong, I like his upside. But he's learning in the NHL. He had the same problems in the AHL. He's got some issues to iron out.

Smith has probably been on the ice for breakways in 8 games this year than Kindl has in his career.

we like our team*

Aside from the first few games you could argue he's been to our second or third best defense man behind Ericsson. And that's while playing alongside Quincey. Kindl has been fine physically but Smith is much more of a threat on the ice.

that isn't saying much...

RedWingsNow*

The "threat" is nothing but potential at this point.
He's not been engaged at all in the offense -- perhaps by coach's orders. Because he looked better offensively in limited action last year.

RedWingsNow*

Unless no one else noticed, Smith was finally looking comfortable in the last two games. Feed Kindl with top4 minutes at own risk. Also, Ericsson has responded lately to ice time, but it's definitely not ideal for him or the team to play upwards 25 minutes. White better be ready Tuesday.

How we handle February could be make or break for this team. We've been been lucky for the injuries not to strike any of our five best players(knock on wood), but losing this much depth will cripple any team.

I didn't see much of the Dallas game. But the game prior, Smith didn't look very good.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Have feeling we are about to get Spezza news on Helm.... :shakehead:help:

Smith and Quincey looked to be ironing out some of their problems. Smith was starting to get more comfortable in the lineup and doing more of the things you see him try at the AHL level along with timing his jumps and rushes better. He is one of really if not the only guy that can skate the puck out of trouble and does so from time to time. Really stinks to lose him for a month when he seemed to be picking up his play.

I do think Kindl has improved a lot, he has a lot more jam in his game this year, especially along the boards. Realizes this is his last chance in my opinion and is playing like it. I like the urgency in his game, I know a lot of people don't think much of him but he is a big guy that skates well and is starting to use some of his physical tools a little better. His confidence is growing and that is a good thing.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
MOD

Kindl has played on the same PP pairing, part of why he drew back into the lineup... Smith has played more and after a first couple of rough games has looked much better. Not that it matters, you and HTT3 are probably his two biggest haters on HF.

Keep in mind also Kindl is playing for his NHL career this year, especially in terms of with the Wings. I think that has showed in the urgency of his game and he has over 100 games of NHL experience. He also has been playing with a guy he knows exactly where he is going to be in Huskins, Smith is playing with the what is Quincey doing pairing. Smith makes his mistakes, but it is nice to know your partner is going to be exactly in one place if you make a mistake or take a chance not going for an aimless skate from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Kindl has been just as good as Smith so far this year in the few games he's played. Really have no idea where the hate for his game is coming from. The only person who deserves it at this point is Q and Kronwall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad