[Official] Fire/Tolerate Travis Green Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Tanev Pearson Sutter on the ice for a goalie pull last minute situation.

What an awful AHL coach
_20180914_211632.JPG.de7b82ce954d4f0b79d532a246e7326e.JPG

Reactions: I am toxic

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I am still not understanding where the myth came from that Green was good at developing young players. He had 4 years of coaching in Utcia, If he was great at developing players. There would be more than one full time nhl player that he coached that he made the nhl. Only Virtanen and no one else. I am not going to count Markstrom since he was nhl player before he got sent down. Virtanen hasn't improve his offence since 1st nhl season. Goldobin was having a solid year ( 23 P in the first year 39 games ) all of sudden Green doesn't think he is competing hard enough and is a defensively liability ( no stat indicates he is bad defensively ) made him healthy scratch and Goldobin got all confuse and never recovered. Green completely destroyed Goldobin solid season.

This is coach that once said Boeser should play 40 to 50 games on his rookie year.

I been saying Green is not great at developing young players for a few years now. Many people disagree me before. Hopefully people changed their mind now

Last edited:

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
what would Green have to do for you not to defend him? I just don’t get it. These are legit criticisms.
Remember, the great Jim Benning hired him. After crashing and burning, undisputedly, with his first head coach hiring, if there were to be a problem with the second coach that would reflect poorly on jim. That obviously isn't allowed to happen. Better put the blinders on and keep pushing the agenda until things boil over and they get a few easy wins.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Has a winning record as an AHL coach..Canucks have improved every year under him..I think he's doing a great job.

A lot of coaches have a winning record in the AHL.

The Canucks are a dumpster fire and it doesn't take much to improve slightly.

This is some weak af justification.

Has winning record in a non-NHL league -> improved the team slightly when they added Pettersson -> doing a good job

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Remember, the great Jim Benning hired him. After crashing and burning, undisputedly, with his first head coach hiring, if there were to be a problem with the second coach that would reflect poorly on jim. That obviously isn't allowed to happen. Better put the blinders on and keep pushing the agenda until things boil over and they get a few easy wins.

I think Linden had more to do with the hiring. But Linden usually don't get much blame because his name is Linden

Reactions: F A N

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
A lot of coaches have a winning record in the AHL.

The Canucks are a dumpster fire and it doesn't take much to improve slightly.

This is some weak af justification.

Has winning record in a non-NHL league -> improved the team slightly when they added Pettersson -> doing a good job
Canucks are 9-6-3......4-3-3 in their last 10...?...Spare us the drama....

I thought you were done with the Canucks, and on to the Seattle franchise?
"Well, if he isn't gone by the end of the season. I'll be seeing you on the seatle board gents!"..WTG

Reactions: Metal Tattooist 71

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Why would you not put Baertschi on the PP over Leivo this game? I think Leivo's a mighty useful bottom 6 forward especially at 5v5, but his strengths don't particularly lend themselves well when up a man...

Also starting to think Myers should be the sole pointman on the 2nd unit. Run with 4 forwards like most PPs nowadays - Baertschi, Pearson, Gaudette and Virtanen - and see what you get. Plus I would give Edler's PK minutes to Stecher. Doing both helps keep Edler's TOI down thus being fresher for the season.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I am not going to count Markstrom since he was nhl player before he got sent down.

A bit off topic, but I don't know where the myth that Markstrom was an NHL player before he got sent down came from. The year before in Florida, he played 29 AHL games and had a 0.874 SV% with the Panthers. As a Canuck he had a 0.868 SV%. Going with Lack and Markstrom as the goalie combo and expecting to make the playoffs was pure lunacy but some here didn't think it was a problem because Lack was this mythical goalie who supposedly outplayed Luongo and Miller.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The canucks have been a dumpster fire for 5 years now. That was my point.
Also, Seattle doesn't have a franchise yet.
Hope you enjoy the Seattle team ..see ya later..

Not much point in debating with fair-weather fans...

5 years?...are you including the year they made the playoffs ..or this year.?

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Tattooist 71

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

Listen, just because I called you out for your garbage arguments doesn't mean you have to be so passive aggressive. Next time, just think of something better to say.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Listen, just because I called you out for your garbage arguments doesn't mean you have to be so passive aggressive. Next time, just think of something better to say.
What arguments....?..I'm very clear and to the point (no passive aggressive here)
You said:
"The Canucks have been a dumpster fire for 5 years"
"are currently a dumpster fire"

Enjoy the tank thread..

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I really have no idea whether Green is a better coach after three years, or if the team is actually improving. But I know one thing. I can't think of a single NHL coach, current or past in the last decade, who could keep his job after missing the playoffs for three consecutive years. So the gauntlet is down....it's the playoffs or bust for his coaching career in the NHL.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015

"see ya later, not much point in debating, but here's some more questions for ya, but I'm not passive aggressive"

So now all you have to do is blindy support Benning and that gives you the authority to decide who gets to remain a canucks fan? lol

Still glorifying the year the master turned things around in a hurry? Getting embarrassed in the first round and then producing the worst team in the NHL while going all in for the next 4 years. Just keep putting lipstick on this tired pig.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
"see ya later, not much point in debating, but here's some more questions for ya, but I'm not passive aggressive"

So now all you have to do is blindy support Benning and that gives you the authority to decide who gets to remain a canucks fan? lol

Still glorifying the year the master turned things around in a hurry? Getting embarrassed in the first round and then producing the worst team in the NHL while going all in for the next 4 years. Just keep putting lipstick on this tired pig.
Enjoy the tank thread..Happy trails...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad