OT: Official Bears/NFL Thread XXVIII: Are you ready for some football? Circle one - Y N

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
11rarg6.jpg

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
just something very off with his face, almost makes me want to punch it every time I see it on tv..

and why everyone makes a big deal about his girl is beyond me. she is nice to look at but nothing insane.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
you think he starts over Hoyer??

I liked that kid prior to him getting hurt, I think Hoyer has Foles like qualities. I would actually be surprised if he starts over Hoyer to be honest.

He will start

Fans will be all over management and probably do what Bronco fans did to Orton

Bronco fans were chanting for Tebow and booing everytime Orton was walking onto field

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He will start

Fans will be all over management and probably do what Bronco fans did to Orton

Bronco fans were chanting for Tebow and booing everytime Orton was walking onto field

I will go out on a limb and say he doesn't start. I think the Browns have learned the folly of their ways with rushing qb's as they already have a young guy like Hoyer to build from and who the fans begged to see play over Weedon.

I can't blame them for getting Johnny as the 22nd pick made sense for them being their 2nd of the first round and that is where they could take that chance.

I think Hoyer starts the season but depending on record and pressure Johnny will come in at some point if the season starts out on a losing note which it likely will.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I also liked what the Lions did with Ebron-TE as instead of going out there and trying to address their defense, they went out and got a game changer to make their offense even more lethal.

I am sure the Lions know they will draft defense for the remainder, but sometimes building onto your strengths is just as important as fixing your weaknesses. That offense is going to be a pill to play against with this kid in the fold.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap2...draft-70-projecting-round-2-of-2014-nfl-draft

this mock has the Packers going out and getting a wide receiver in the second round right after our pick...and people said I am crazy for suggesting the Bears do the same???? :help:

The Packers have Cobb, Nelson, and Byokin a triple threat better then the Bears...yet they want to give Rodgers more firepower?? hmmm sounds like an idea I have been suggesting here for some time. :sarcasm:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap2...draft-70-projecting-round-2-of-2014-nfl-draft

this mock has the Packers going out and getting a wide receiver in the second round right after our pick...and people said I am crazy for suggesting the Bears do the same???? :help:

The Packers have Cobb, Nelson, and Byokin a triple threat better then the Bears...yet they want to give Rodgers more firepower?? hmmm sounds like an idea I have been suggesting here for some time. :sarcasm:

Yeah no way man. I'm taking our two studs over their three guys any day of the week especially with how similarly Boykin and Cobb can be at times.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah no way man. I'm taking our two studs over their three guys any day of the week especially with how similarly Boykin and Cobb can be at times.

well to be fair I said a top 3 overall better then us, the top 2 between each team is pretty close but I would take our top 2 over theirs as well...just when you throw in that third Boykin he smokes whatever else we have at #3 and it isn't close - not counting Bennett of course.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
well to be fair I said a top 3 overall better then us, the top 2 between each team is pretty close but I would take our top 2 over theirs as well...just when you throw in that third Boykin he smokes whatever else we have at #3 and it isn't close - not counting Bennett of course.

I'd still take just our two vs all three of them. I don't think Jordy is as talented as either of guys when it comes to pure tools.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'd still take just our two vs all three of them. I don't think Jordy is as talented as either of guys when it comes to pure tools.

well to be fair, Alshon needs to reproduce what he did (1 year wonder) which will be hard to do with the pressure he is receiving. certainly has the skill so hopefully he can.

but Nelson and Cobb is as dangerous of a duo as there is out there but I won't argue either way to be honest.

point is that Packer defense has issues too, but some think they will load up some more on offense - I just suggested the same for the Bears for 1 pick as well.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Marshall and Jeffery vs. the Packers' top two is somewhat lopsided in the Bears' favor, and that's not a slight to Green Bay's duo who are both very good.

Having Aaron Rodgers helps, y'know.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I also drafted the guy they project the Packers to draft in one of my fantasy leagues already...so happy about that :laugh:

not sure if the Bears would pass up the Notre Dame product Nix as well to be honest if they go DT...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Marshall and Jeffery vs. the Packers' top two is somewhat lopsided in the Bears' favor, and that's not a slight to Green Bay's duo who are both very good.

Having Aaron Rodgers helps, y'know.

agreed, but if Cobb wasn't hurt for most of the year I think it would be much closer

if he played close to a full year Cobb would have hit 1200 plus yards and almost 12TDs - that is no joke.

I also hope Tyrion doesn't die -off topic!! hahaha love the avatar.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I will go out on a limb and say he doesn't start. I think the Browns have learned the folly of their ways with rushing qb's as they already have a young guy like Hoyer to build from and who the fans begged to see play over Weedon.

I can't blame them for getting Johnny as the 22nd pick made sense for them being their 2nd of the first round and that is where they could take that chance.

I think Hoyer starts the season but depending on record and pressure Johnny will come in at some point if the season starts out on a losing note which it likely will.

Hoyer turns 29 in Oct ,, Not exactly a young guy

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Adam Schefter reporting that Bills have traded WR Steve Johnson to 49ers

Makes no sense for Bills ,, They go all in with huge gamble trade for Watkins and now trade best WR

They got Mike Williams from TB who has never gotten past 1K yds and was dumped by Lovie so quick because of attitude/etc and a rookie at WR to help young QB

Ben Grimm

I can't stand the rain ☔
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Cowboys took the BPA, but Romo is 34, has had 2 back surgeries, is .500 in the regular season, and loses in the playoffs. Manziel looked pretty good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad