Official 2016 NHL Draft/College & Europe FA Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Sorry fellas, was incognito for the 1st round. Nonetheless, here are my thoughts on what went down....

- Calgary stole Elliot from St. Louis.

- ARZ with Keller and Chychrun in their prospect pool, while also reaching the floor. #Chayka4President

- GOD BLESS USA HOCKEY!!!

- Boston with a great pick in McAvoy; not so great pick reaching for Frederic.

- Florida reached hard for Borgstrom. Not sure if that was smart, but not a huge issue. Would've been an early 2nd rounder.

- Anaheim with a good haul late with Jones and Steel.

- LOLOL at New Jersey selecting McLeod.

- Minnesota with a subtle steal in Kunin at #15.

- Players should've been taken in the 1st; Kale Clague, Vitali Abramov, Pascal Laberge, Boris Katchouk, Rasmus Asplund, Carl Grundstrom, Taylor Raddysh, Libor Hajek.

Other than that, this 1st round was utterly BORING (both Ranger wise and League wise)!!! Let's hope tomorrow isn't as sleepish. Like Ron Hextall said, the 2nd round has a lot of backed-up talent still there.

I will be online all day tomorrow so I'll try to keep a consistent input for those who won't have access to the rest of the draft.

Last edited:

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Sorry fellas, was incognito for the 1st round. Nonetheless, here are my thoughts on what went down....

- Calgary stole Elliot from St. Louis.

- ARZ with Keller and Chychrun in their prospect pool, while also reaching the floor. #Chayka4President

- GOD BLESS USA HOCKEY!!!

- Boston with a great pick in McAvoy; not so great pick reaching for Frederic.

- Florida reached hard for Borgstrom. Not sure if that was smart, but not a huge issue. Would've been an early 2nd rounder.

- Anaheim with a good haul late with Jones and Steel.

- LOLOL at New Jersey selecting McLeod.

- Minnesota with a subtle steal in Kunin at #15.

- Players should've been taken in the 1st; Kale Clague, Vitali Abramov, Pascal Laberge, Boris Katchouk, Rasmus Asplund, Carl Grundstrom, Taylor Raddysh, Libor Hajek.

Other than that, this 1st round was utterly BORING (both Ranger wise and League wise)!!! Let's hope tomorrow isn't as sleepish. Like Ron Hextall said, the 2nd round has a lot of backed-up talent still there.

I will be online all day tomorrow so I'll try to keep a consistent input for those who won't have access to the rest of the draft.

Joey Bones is online now Report Post

Any names you're hoping the Rangers find a way to pick today?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Anyone know much about Sebastion Aho from Skelleftea? Keep hearing good things about him but he keeps going undrafted.
Would his game translate to the NHL and would it be worth trying to get him over to NA on a tryout?

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Anyone know much about Sebastion Aho from Skelleftea? Keep hearing good things about him but he keeps going undrafted.
Would his game translate to the NHL and would it be worth trying to get him over to NA on a tryout?

Watching him play I don't see why his game wouldn't translate. Surprised he hasn't been picked

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Which undrafted players, NCAA/Euro FAs should we go after? Guys that can perhaps help Hartford now or stay in their domestic league another year or 2?

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Question on this: if you invite him, and like what you see, can you sign him? I mean, he would still be draft eligible next year, right? So, what determines who can be signed as FAs, and who can't?

Think his age is what matters. If this was his first year draft eligible I don't believe he can be signed.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think Kuznetsov is as good as some people think. He's big, he has some explosiveness, he has a good shot, but not much else.

Should we start a thread for the 2017 Draft?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I don't think Kuznetsov is as good as some people think. He's big, he has some explosiveness, he has a good shot, but not much else.

Should we start a thread for the 2017 Draft?

before we start the 2017 thread i think we should all place bets on how many draft threads we can get thru before we trade away our 1st round pick

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
before we start the 2017 thread i think we should all place bets on how many draft threads we can get thru before we trade away our 1st round pick

Could be worse. Los Angeles and St Louis went 6 straight seasons without a first round pick once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad