OT: Off-Topic Thread Episode VII: No Loungin', Bae

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
When I forget to put on my watch in the morning, I notice it the first time I need to check the time. I don't make a habit out of checking the time on my phone like a lot of people.

Same, I find it easier to glance at my wrist than pull my phone out of my pocket and turn it on, especially if I'm walking somewhere.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'm used to the weight on my wrist so it feels awkward if I leave my place without a watch on.

I even have a spare watch in the office in case I'm biking to work and forget to pack one haha

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
A good Christmas party results in at least 4 cases of drunk and disorderly, 3 cases of public nudity, 2 cases of alcohol poisoning and 1 goat in a Santa costume.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I need to make a habit of looking at the time on my watch than my phone, when I get a watch. Apparently the risk of testicular cancer is greater if your phone is in your side pocket.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I need to make a habit of looking at the time on my watch than my phone, when I get a watch. Apparently the risk of testicular cancer is greater if your phone is in your side pocket.

Not sure if i believe that, but I don't put phones in my side pocket just because it's pretty uncomfortable anyways. Share your watch if/when you get it! I'm interested in knowing what you pick :D

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Have any of you guys ever had a prostate exam? I did for the first time last "Movember". I was part of a team doing fund raising for Movember and I thought I might as do the full deal and get my prostate checked. Definitely not the most pleasant thing in the world but I'm happy I had it done to be sure.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I actually researched this pretty extensively for a class. There is zero evidence of this. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Have any of you guys ever had a prostate exam? I did for the first time last "Movember". I was part of a team doing fund raising for Movember and I thought I might as do the full deal and get my prostate checked. Definitely not the most pleasant thing in the world but I'm happy I had it done to be sure.
Yeah, I had my first when I was 23, I was having a ton of severe pain thru my lower abdomen, lower back and man parts. They checked for everything for a couple years until they finally found the cause of the pain.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

I am young enough still that getting one isn't really needed although I guess you don't have to be old at all to get prostate cancer.

In any case my grandfather died of prostate cancer. After years of nagging my father he finally went for a check this summer.

I will no doubt have to soon enough as I am at extremely high risk for it.

Yeah, I had my first when I was 23, I was having a ton of severe pain thru my lower abdomen, lower back and man parts. They checked for everything for a couple years until they finally found the cause of the pain.

Diagnosed with 'too much man' :naughty:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I am young enough still that getting one isn't really needed although I guess you don't have to be old at all to get prostate cancer.

In any case my grandfather died of prostate cancer. After years of nagging my father he finally went for a check this summer.

I will no doubt have to soon enough as I am at extremely high risk for it.

I'll probably go every 2-3 years until I'm 40 then I'll likely go every year. It's good peace of mind.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

I haven't yet, though I suppose it's never a bad time to start. I do think about it once in a while though. I always thought it was something most guys shouldn't have to worry about until after 40.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I will say this though, a prostate exam >>>>>>>>>>>> a barium enema AINEC

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Wow that doesn't sound like something I'd be "open" to at all.
When you need it, it's not so much of a choice. It's how (or one of the ways they check your intestines for leaks.

For those who don't know.

They have you on a very strict diet for 48-72 hours while consuming medications to clean you out. Then then insert an enema, they then lay you down and fill you with a cleaning solution and then stand you back up. Then they do the same steps with barium which is a chalky looking white liquid, it coats your intestines. Then they fill you with air and take x-rays of your intestines.

And when your doctor through this procedure is this sexy blonde with an Australian accent, it ruins all Australian women for you.

You also fart white powder for days after.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Yup, and it was over fairly quickly too. The important thing is to ensure that the doctor doesn't have cold hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad