OT: Off-Topic Thread - 2018 - It's summertime summertime sum sum summertime

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
A week into this new office set up and I am done.

They are allowing them to do construction during the work day and the construction guys give anyone attitude when they walk through the space.

We are forced to because they are the geniuses who failed to account for daily employee foot traffic.

I've started looking for a new job because I just can't take the instability and shoddy decision making (from the higher ups) anymore.

That's ridiculous.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
My daughter and I are doing our annual Schooner trip in August. It is so relaxing.

She is home for Mother's day. Tomorrow we are going to the ballet and Tues. we are going to a Jackson Browne concert. A young guy at work asked me what I was doing and when I told him he said had not heard of Jackson Browne. I am old.
I wouldn't call you old. I'd say "experienced". And having experienced Jackson Browne makes for a better life.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Off-duty police officer, mom hailed as hero for taking out would-be robber at Mother's Day event near school

An armed, off-duty Brazilian military police officer was hailed as a hero Sunday after surveillance footage showed how she foiled a robbery on a family near a school.

Katia da Silva Sastre, 42, was standing near a group of women and children outside a Sao Paulo private school when the gunman, identified as 21-year-old Elivelton Neves Moreira, attempted to rob them at gunpoint. The women were celebrating a Mother’s Day event.

Little did the gunman know, Sastre was carrying a pistol of her own and shot Moreira three times in the chest, according to the Daily Mail. The footage showed Moreia falling backward onto the street and kicking the gun out of his reach.

https://nypost.com/video/hero-mom-saves-the-day-killing-gunman-outside-school/

Off-duty police officer, mom hailed as hero for taking out would-be robber at Mother's Day event near school

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I was wondering if my hotel in Washington would have anything in the lobby about something that happened there years ago......well take a look at my key card :biglaugh:

upload_2018-5-14_16-28-26.png

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
My daughter and I are doing our annual Schooner trip in August. It is so relaxing.

She is home for Mother's day. Tomorrow we are going to the ballet and Tues. we are going to a Jackson Browne concert. A young guy at work asked me what I was doing and when I told him he said had not heard of Jackson Browne. I am old.

I love Jackson Browne. Met my husband at a JB show, “several” years ago. Best four bucks I ever spent. We were married 4 years to the day from this date:
3EECE073-764D-44E7-8489-F1641595A626.jpeg

Jackson is still making good music - not just the classic stuff.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I just saw a classic metal band last night. If you get a chance go see the Melvins on tour. Be forewarned: it is LOUD as hell but fun.

I only got into Jackson Browne last year. I can’t say I love him but Late For the Sky is a solid album, especially the first few songs. Beautiful stuff.

Reactions: sooshii

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I love Jackson Browne. Met my husband at a JB show, “several” years ago. Best four bucks I ever spent. We were married 4 years to the day from this date:
View attachment 121085
Jackson is still making good music - not just the classic stuff.
Amanda bought the tickets ...pretty sure it was a bit more expensive than $4 (she got us seats 3 rows from the stage (center front ).

He was very good last time we saw him.

There is a little music hall in Londonderry NH. It is called Tupelo Music Hall. My neighbor and I are going to see Jesse Colin Young Friday and a band called Damn the Torpedo's in June . From what I have read they have been covering Tom Petty music since 2007. I don't know what to expect but the price of the seats was reasonable.

Reactions: sooshii

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I just saw a classic metal band last night. If you get a chance go see the Melvins on tour. Be forewarned: it is LOUD as hell but fun.

I only got into Jackson Browne last year. I can’t say I love him but Late For the Sky is a solid album, especially the first few songs. Beautiful stuff.
Late for the Sky has some great tunes.

Reactions: William Faulkner

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I officially started my new career as a Vet Tech today. I was peed on, bled on, and even shat on (big baby mastiff scared to get her nails
clipped :biglaugh::biglaugh:). Other than the rotty diagnosed with bone cancer, it was a great day.
Blessings to you and your new job...doing hero work.

Poor rotty....blessings to that sweet pupper.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Ladyfan Enjoy Jackson tonight

The Load Out is the anthem for those of us who work behind the camera

But the crew's on the bus
And they're waiting to go
We've got to drive all night and do a game in Chicago
Or Tampa, I don't know
We do so many games in a row
And these towns all look the same
We just pass the time in our hotel rooms
And wander 'round pregame
Till those lights come up and that puck is dropped
And we remember why we came

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Amanda bought the tickets ...pretty sure it was a bit more expensive than $4 (she got us seats 3 rows from the stage (center front ).

He was very good last time we saw him.

There is a little music hall in Londonderry NH. It is called Tupelo Music Hall. My neighbor and I are going to see Jesse Colin Young Friday and a band called Damn the Torpedo's in June . From what I have read they have been covering Tom Petty music since 2007. I don't know what to expect but the price of the seats was reasonable.
Not even gonna look it up but I'm pretty sure that was one of the Tom
Petty's albums

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
@Ladyfan Enjoy Jackson tonight

The Load Out is the anthem for those of us who work behind the camera

But the crew's on the bus
And they're waiting to go
We've got to drive all night and do a game in Chicago
Or Tampa, I don't know
We do so many games in a row
And these towns all look the same
We just pass the time in our hotel rooms
And wander 'round pregame
Till those lights come up and that puck is dropped
And we remember why we came

this is by far his best work , that doesn't mean you ignore the rest.

Reactions: Fenway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad