OT: 'Off topic' thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
So, now they want to build a tunnel under the 401?

Forty years ago my brother in law, an ambulance driver, told me about an accident he attended as we drove thru a tunnel in Vancouver. Accidents happen on the 401 every day. I can't imagine how horrific it would be to commute under that thing on a regular basis.

Also, if they started digging now, traffic East and West across the top of Toronto would be a construction nightmare for the rest of my working life.

Please don't do this! What a stupid idea!

It’s not happening and once the feasibility report comes back, Doug Ford will be like “tunnel…what tunnel”?

The whole 401 tunnel is moot since the 407 came into existence to specifically alleviate 401 traffic and act as a bypass for intercity traffic. Doug would be better off trying to get the 407 out of private hands, that would be a huge political win for him.

Also, I’d like to see Doug use his connections in convincing CP to give up parts of their tracks in midtown so GO can finally build the Midtown line they’ve proposed since the 80s….a line all the way from Milton to Peterbrough bypassing Union Station.

The Midtown Line would run on CP's Bellville, North Toronto and Galt Subs, three sections of CP's Montreal-Detroit mainline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad