Off-Season Trade Tracker

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
"@winstarparker: #OHL Windsor #Spitfires have traded 1995-born forward Sam Studnicka @samstudnicka to the Ottawa #67s for a 5th-round draft pick in 2015."

And were off! Very first deal!

-----------------------------------------------

Deal #2!

@PWhalers: Plymouth Whalers Trade OA goaltender Matt Mahalak to Kingston - http://t.co/Dk0bbqkjT6

Last edited:

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I can see Harper or Crisp being moved to Niagara for Jesse Graham. The Otters need an older puck moving D and Dave Brown drafted Jesse and really likes him. The IceDogs need an 18/19 year old top six forward.
It would also explain why the Otters sent a 2nd and 4th for Joel Wigle at the trade deadline last season.

I do not see that deal happening at all. I'm not a big Graham fan, but we're pretty thin on the backend. Haydon is our only stud going forward, but Graham and Mercer can still give us 2 good years.

McCool, Perlini, Verhaeghe, DiFruscia, Hiddink, Hughes, Maletta Lemmon, Fitzmorris.

We already have a deep group upfront to build on for the new arena team.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
teichmann to the rangers for a conditional 12th round pick, becomes a 7th if he makes the team. apparently he is going to be their no. 1 guy. tyson has been traded so much i feel bad for him

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I guess if Tyson plays ten games it turns into seven. He will do alright here with Pierre Greco as a goalie coach. Greco is one of the best.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I guess if Tyson plays ten games it turns into seven. He will do alright here with Pierre Greco as a goalie coach. Greco is one of the best.

The onus is now completely on Mark Hunter to somehow counter this latest move by Steve Spott!!!
Good luck Mr Hunter!!!

dogfan

Jun 16, 2009
I do not see that deal happening at all. I'm not a big Graham fan, but we're pretty thin on the backend. Haydon is our only stud going forward, but Graham and Mercer can still give us 2 good years.

McCool, Perlini, Verhaeghe, DiFruscia, Hiddink, Hughes, Maletta Lemmon, Fitzmorris.

We already have a deep group upfront to build on for the new arena team.
I don't disagree that the IceDogs are thin on defence now, but there are 3 open OA spots (if Festarini doesn't return). I could see Marty getting two OA defensemen, then with Mercer and Haydon they will have room for Wilkie, Sarris and one of last years picks Brosnan or Dunn.
You still have a decent defence and bolster a forward group that needs another legit top six that can score goals.

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
I don't disagree that the IceDogs are thin on defence now, but there are 3 open OA spots (if Festarini doesn't return). I could see Marty getting two OA defensemen, then with Mercer and Haydon they will have room for Wilkie, Sarris and one of last years picks Brosnan or Dunn.
You still have a decent defence and bolster a forward group that needs another legit top six that can score goals.

I don't see how you think Brosnan even has a shot at making the team. Last year as a 17 year old he didn't play a single regular season game for the Dogs. Don't know much about Dunn but sixth rounders don't often make the team.

I think Festarini is a lock for an OA spot as the Dogs only have one other legitmate OHL goalie (Moran). Trading for a quality OA is going to be hard considering that the Dogs are still slim on picks.

superspitfan99

Sep 3, 2012
Ontario
teichmann to the rangers for a conditional 12th round pick, becomes a 7th if he makes the team. apparently he is going to be their no. 1 guy. tyson has been traded so much i feel bad for him

I feel for the kid too. I think he's one of those players that hasn't found a home long enough or given enough of a shot to show what he really has. When Martin went into a slump this past season, he stepped up and kept the Steelheads in the game. How many times did that poor kid have to come into a game cold. The more he plays, the better his confidence and the better he gets. I really hope he succeeds in Kitchener for next year and gets some good coaching. God only knows he has no coaching last year!

Acad

Mar 17, 2012
With Kitchener in a rebuild is there a chance they move some of there vets?

Marcantuoni? Faksa?

I see Faska being traded in a big deal closer to the deadline.

Marcantuoni is the biggest mystery in Kitchener, I expect him to be traded though. I hope think he just needs a change of scenery at this point. He's had games throughout his 3 year tender with the Rangers where he's wow'ed fans.

I see a team in the East going after him, maybe a team like Barrie?

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
He'll have Piero Greco as his goalie coach who IMHO is by far the best goalie coach in the OHL.

I would take bulls goalie coach Sabastien Faresse, this guy scouts them, mentors them all year with their minor teams, then with the bulls. He has an uncanny way to spot a diamond in the rough.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
I see Faska being traded in a big deal closer to the deadline.

Marcantuoni is the biggest mystery in Kitchener, I expect him to be traded though. I hope think he just needs a change of scenery at this point. He's had games throughout his 3 year tender with the Rangers where he's wow'ed fans.

I see a team in the East going after him, maybe a team like Barrie?

He was a top pick(1st/2nd round) though correct? That means he likely has a gold education package which may limit who can aquire him.

dogfan

Jun 16, 2009
I don't see how you think Brosnan even has a shot at making the team. Last year as a 17 year old he didn't play a single regular season game for the Dogs. Don't know much about Dunn but sixth rounders don't often make the team.

I think Festarini is a lock for an OA spot as the Dogs only have one other legitmate OHL goalie (Moran). Trading for a quality OA is going to be hard considering that the Dogs are still slim on picks.

You think Moran is going to sit on the bench behind Festarini 2 years in a row? No way he left his NCAA options to do that and no chance they have an OA spit time or be a back up. He's probably here for a month or so then out.
Both Dunn and Brosnan nearly made the team last season and as a 6th or 7th D, yea, I think they can make it this year. Picking up a 3/4 OA D, will not be that expensive.
Add to that getting a player like Harper or Crisp will be important moving forward. The Dogs will need to worry about a top 6 forward a lot more then who is getting five minutes a game on defence.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
as per ohlinsider " nick ritchie to SSM

those ohl insider accounts are a joke, all of them go dormant half the time and the actual ohlinsider account reports news everyone knew hours ago and then makes up rumors

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Honestly you never know with OHL teams, they do have solid discussion on a variety of players when it comes to trades. Could Ritchie have been in a discussion regarding a trade, quite possibly. Now the likelihood of that happening is very low unless the return is really good.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
A lot of OHL first rounders from April's draft, have not signed. Does that imply that some will be moved? If so, who do we think will want to be traded, or will be moved?

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Honestly you never know with OHL teams, they do have solid discussion on a variety of players when it comes to trades. Could Ritchie have been in a discussion regarding a trade, quite possibly. Now the likelihood of that happening is very low unless the return is really good.

It would almost have too include one of McCann or Tolchinsky.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
With Crouse's sister going to Queen, you would just automatically make the assumption that he's going to Kingston. Whether the deal is done now or later, I expect it to come soon.

Spencer's agent has been in contact with the Petes, not sure if a deal has been completed.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
With Crouse's sister going to Queen, you would just automatically make the assumption that he's going to Kingston. Whether the deal is done now or later, I expect it to come soon.

Spencer's agent has been in contact with the Petes, not sure if a deal has been completed.

Im sure its a matter of when it gets done now.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
He'll have Piero Greco as his goalie coach who IMHO is by far the best goalie coach in the OHL.

Time will tell with TT. Frankie P notwithstanding, if Piero was such an elite goalie coach, this trade doesn't happen because Moylan would be ready to assume the starters role - or at the very least, ready to share the duties with Greenfield.

We are rebuilding. IMO, having an OA as our #1 goaltender doesnt make sense. Moylan and Greenfield should be spending the 1st half of the season figuring out who will be our #1 guy going into 2014-15. If neither can be that guy, then Spott has from the deadline until the following September to find a goalie who can be #1.

One thing we do know is that it won't be TT. He won't be around as he'll have graduated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad