Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt VIII: Spring approaches and less (fewer) things are happening

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
We have added offense, improved defense and some bullpen help. You would be hard pressed to argue we haven't improved the teams overall run differential going into next year. Its astounding to me that people are not satisfied with what we have done so far in this offseason, especially since we have not sacrificed future flexibility or assets to do it.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
We have added offense, improved defense and some bullpen help. You would be hard pressed to argue we haven't improved the teams overall run differential going into next year. Its astounding to me that people are not satisfied with what we have done so far in this offseason, especially since we have not sacrificed future flexibility or assets to do it.

Completely agree. Springer alone makes it a successful off-season. They signed the best available FA that plays a position they desperately needed. Besides the Padres, I don't think there is a team that had a better off-season. Assuming of course I didn't forget a big signing or trade.

The team does need a starter but as I have stated yesterday there is no rush to acquire one.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010

I think people see how the market is evolving and a chance to contend for a division title. One more rotation piece couple with the noted improvements already can really go along way to getting back to the playoffs.

There are still some arms who can help but even more than that probably a trade using prospect capital can be the cherry on top of a good off season.

Fans want more, more, more

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I think people see how the market is evolving and a chance to contend for a division title. One more rotation piece couple with the noted improvements already can really go along way to getting back to the playoffs.

There are still some arms who can help but even more than that probably a trade using prospect capital can be the cherry on top of a good off season.

Fans want more, more, more

Fans also have to be realistic. There isn't a pitcher on the free-agent market that will decide if the Jays make the playoffs or not.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Fans also have to be realistic. There isn't a pitcher on the free-agent market that will decide if the Jays make the playoffs or not.
This is exactly right. If the Jays strike out on Walker and Odorizzi it’s not like that’s going to be the difference in their season. I’d rather them see how spring training goes and make a trade for an actual game changer.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Just got my haircut.

Expect to see odorizzi to the Jays shortly. 3 years in the 40-50 million dollar range most likely.

Walker is plan B if Mets or another team beats Jays offer on Odorizzi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad