GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Marek and Friedman just announced a Reinhart-extension !!

:scared:

LET’S FFUUUCKIIIIIIIIIING GO BILL !!!! LFG CATS GOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Edit: Seems like they said something along the lines of « it seems everyone around the league think it’s all but official »… Yeah, whatever ! Zito for president !!
Imagine Zito swaggering to the podium, tears in his eyes, Stanley Cup above is head and says that Reino, Monty & Nogoalov have signed for a combined 15.25M. That'd be insane, a man can dream.

Reactions: IceKitties

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
If Verhaeghe is getting $8-8.5Mx6, I'm guessing Reino goes $9-9.5x6 instead of lower AAV for 8 years. Not sure how that's gonna fit for next year, but if Ekblad is getting shipped out and we sign a guy like Roy or Pesce (~$6M) to replace, then that could make room.

Reactions: Boothinator

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Marek and Friedman just announced a Reinhart-extension !!

:scared:

LET’S FFUUUCKIIIIIIIIIING GO BILL !!!! LFG CATS GOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Edit: Seems like they said something along the lines of « it seems everyone around the league think it’s all but official »… Yeah, whatever ! Zito for president !!

9m seems like it would be fair for both parties, but the cap is going to be tight.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
at least swaggys extension wouldnt come into effect till next year, and signing him now may be cheaper with the cap going up

curious to see what reino gets

ekblad i think changed agents and is willing to take a discount to stay, but with his cap hit rn its making things hard

edit: im late as hell lmao, someone already said that

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Rod-3 Barky-10 Reino-9.5
Swaggod-4.2 Benny-4.4 Chuck-9.5
Luosty-3 Lundell-3.5 Samo/Sourdif .93
Lombo- 1 Stenner -1.3 Lorentz-1.2
Gadjo- .77

Fors- 5.75 Ek- 7.5
Mikks- 2.5 Barrie - 2.5
Balinskis-.85 Kuli 1.2
Bjornfot/Mahura- .77

Bob-10
Knight-4.5

Still leaves us with 500k for deadline cap space
isnt that 500k goin to okposo now?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I'm guessing they're going for somewhere around $55-65M total contract value for Reino, and then it'll depend on term. If they get it signed for 6 years, then it'll be $9-9.5M, if its 8 years then it'll be $7.5-8M.

6 year term would be interesting, means Barkov, Tkachuk, Reino contracts all end in 2029/2030, Verhaghe ends 2030/2031, Forsling ends 2031/2032.

So it sets us up for a Cup competitive window for next 4 years until Barkov/Reino/Fors get to age 32 and Tkachuk to age 30 by the 2027/28 season. Then Lundell/Samo/Knight will be ages 26/27 and whoever else we've brought in could step up.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I'm guessing they're going for somewhere around $55-65M total contract value for Reino, and then it'll depend on term. If they get it signed for 6 years, then it'll be $9-9.5M, if its 8 years then it'll be $7.5-8M.

Yeah the term is the only thing that is a questionmark with Reino. If it's six years like with Verhaege it's going to be over 9 million. Imagine what the Verhaege deal would have been if it was eight years.. like 6.5M?

Reactions: pantherbot

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
If These rumors are true that's a good Deal imo. Great discount. Reino had been great All year

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
They’ll do a slight discount because they want to stay with the team and help enable future cups. Hedman, Stammer did it too.

McD, Drai, Matthews, Marner, Nylander… didn’t and won’t. Honestly, Edmonton and Toronno won’t win anything with how too heavy they are.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Reading the trade board I'm learning how bad and overpaid our guys are. I guess we just have to keep all these scrubs. Oh well.

Investing in our pro scouting has paid dividends. We get to pick up guys with only minimal assets (waiver, good trades) and then we also get to sign them for cheaper because we gave them a chance and the rest of the league still undervalues them because lack of pedigree. Win, win, win really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad