OEL scores goal from his own blue line

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Not quite Toskalol, but still bad.

I'd put it up there with Quick's blunder against the Rangers last season.

Bernier also had one last season as well with Ron Hainsey---it looked to be icing, but it took a weird carom and went into the net. This was just a high lob though.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Bernier also had one last season as well with Ron Hainsey---it looked to be icing, but it took a weird carom and went into the net. This was just a high lob though.

He's kinda of notorious for soft goals, still a great goalie though.

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
that's a lot of empty seats... :amazed:

people were still in bathroom/beer breaks?

The first few minutes of each period are always like that in the lower bowl, from my experience (of sitting in the upper bowl and seeing people return to their seats, NOT from sitting in the lower bowl, of which I don't usually have the "privilege").

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
When this happened last night I was actually in a state of shock and disbelief for about 5-10 minutes as I kept rewinding it on my PVR re-watching it wondering how the hell that is even possible.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
This goal isn't the deciding factor, he's had a series of bad games. I never thought he was top 5-10 at all personally

Me either, at least not yet. Although he has shown glimpses of being able to play at that level, he'll need to play a couple 50-60+ game seasons, and play at the level he was last year, or close to until I'll write him into my top ten goalies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bernier always seems to be susceptible to bizarre fluky goals. The second one he gave up tonight was a stinker as well.

Its not really fluky when it keeps happening again and again

Honestly the times I have watched Leafs I have seen a decent # of soft/weak goals by Bernier

He seems to make great saves on difficult chances and then allow at least one weak/soft goal he should stop at least every game

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Bernier at times (taking at times in games not long stretches) has played like the best goalie in the NHL making saves he has no business making.

Bernier at times has played like one of the worst goalies in the NHL letting in soft goals that have NO business being tallies on the scoreboard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad