GDT: Oct. 25/16 | 22 teams in Action

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Considering your coach had beef with Mike Commodore when he wasn't even anywhere near this bad, this is on your coach for letting him play (and continue to if he doesn't get banished into another league after this game).

People love to blame the goalie or a really ****** defender, but I think Babcock is losing his touch. Sure, he did good for Team Canada for the World Cup, but that's a team that doesn't need coaching. Don't know what he's doing in Toronto, but it ain't working.

Shoddy analysis relating to the Leafs, even by your standards.

Anyways, shots were in our favor, Bolts were limited to under 25 as well. And no, not every time a team gets outshot it's because that particular team protected its lead for most of the game (because, in that case, most trailing teams would be outshooting the winning team, which isn't what a greater CF% is supposed to infer).
The goaltending and consistent play from our defenders just isn't there. And it's too bad for Babcock, because the alternative to playing some of these vets could mean exposing the inexperienced Marlie defenders to these sort of thrashings

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Kulikov hit on Voracek the exact hit Weise layed on Holzer that got him 3 games.

Now we find out if DoPS stands for Department of Player Safety or Department of Philadelphia Suspensions.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Buffalo looked liked they were playing the percentages.

Neilson was 6-0 in SO. Philly has been the worst team in SO since it started. They killed time in OT trying to get to the SO. They gambled and lost.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa

Anyways, shots were in our favor, Bolts were limited to under 25 as well. And no, not every time a team gets outshot it's because that particular team protected its lead for most of the game (because, in that case, most trailing teams would be outshooting the winning team, which isn't what a greater CF% is supposed to infer).
The goaltending and consistent play from our defenders just isn't there. And it's too bad for Babcock, because the alternative to playing some of these vets could mean exposing the inexperienced Marlie defenders to these sort of thrashings
By my standards? Don't act like you know anything about me except my rather negative opinions on the Maple Leafs. (Newsflash, everybody that isn't a Leaf fan don't like the Leafs, and there's many reasons for that.)

Oooh, you outshot us. Congrats! I didn't know that the winner of a game is the team that shoots the most! :laugh: Quick, someone add this very telling statistic into corsi, STAT. Toronto will look amazing!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Considering your coach had beef with Mike Commodore when he wasn't even anywhere near this bad, this is on your coach for letting him play (and continue to if he doesn't get banished into another league after this game).

People love to blame the goalie or a really ****** defender, but I think Babcock is losing his touch. Sure, he did good for Team Canada for the World Cup, but that's a team that doesn't need coaching. Don't know what he's doing in Toronto, but it ain't working.

If there's one thing most Leaf fans have started to beef with Babs on it's that he's in love with Hunwick and Hunwick has basically become his new Cleary. Otherwise, he's done a fine job. We're getting atrocious goaltending and our defense is so green that he doesn't have a lot of vets to put out there and the ones that he does in Hunwick and Polak are awful. Not to mention that Rielly has been pretty meh to start the season and so has Gardiner (it's actually been Zaitsev that's been playing well). Marincin is... well, same Marincin as always. Quiet as hell. Carrick has been erratic but that's expected.

The D is going through big time growing pains with how young it is mixed with Hunwick being worse than Brett Lebda and Andy Wozniewski... oh, and Andersen has been letting in muffins. That's our biggest problems. Babs has contributed by not ****ing sitting Hunwick already, but otherwise, not much else to complain on that front. We play good possession hockey and have the puck a lot but can't defend in our own zone when we don't have the puck and almost always give up a dangerous chance.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

No, but it's more likely given how large the lead was for the entire game (see: score effects).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I haven't followed Subban's career, but he's been awful in the NHL so far. He looks so nervous and battles the puck on every shot

Subban wasn't great, but they didn't lose because of him. I couldn't believe that some were blaming him on the Stewart goal. Seriously? A one timer, all alone in front from 15', when he got all his weight behind it and picked a corner? C'mon.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Kulikov hit on Voracek the exact hit Weise layed on Holzer that got him 3 games.

Now we find out if DoPS stands for Department of Player Safety or Department of Philadelphia Suspensions.

Considering he broke Holzer's nose, I don't think it was the same hit.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Poor Andersen in the doghouse of a unrealistic fanbase! Comparison to Shrivens in oilers is very legit, left alone with no defence and astronomic many highscoring chances. Dubnyk struggled heavy himself (new equipment rules) then lost confident etc.

Price maybe had last a couple week longer in Toronto before they runned him out of town!

Lurked a little in their board and there a lot of posters who question if babcock is the right guy:amazed:,. Forget your dreams of playoffs 3-4 years so Babcock can develop this raw talents who gives up as much as they produce and fill in the needs in other areas such Defence. Marner will end up in Ahl soon and polish his junior style of play.

Thats why hunwick etc gets lots of toi to protect the youngsters and shelter their toi!

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Ryan Dzingel has both goals for the Senators tonight. Four on the season.

Who the **** is Ryan Dzingel?

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Do the refs have a bet on the under for number of penalties in the Canucks/Sens game? There's been quite a few penalties that haven't been called. I mean, how they don't call Skille's crosscheck to the face of Phaneuf or about 5-6 tripping penalties on either team. It's amazing that we get games where nothing is called and then every little thing is called in another.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
They are asleep because the Canucks are playing horri-bad hockey. The Senators could have pulled their goalie and Hank would have been looking PASS all the way on a 2 on 1. :cry:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
If anyone is looking for a waiver wire pool pickup, grab Ryan Dzingel right now. He's got speed, skill, and is getting regular top 6 minutes with Bobby Ryan and Derrick Brassard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad