Observations XV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
josi activated, saros sent down, Ribeiro clears waivers... been a busy day for pred fans lol.

great news on josi. and Ribeiro clearing shows some of the people that were screaming 'why didn't poile trade him?!!', well exactly why, because no one was interested. wonder if ribs will report? if he does, oh well, I guess we could try to call him up again if needed, even though I think he would have to re-clear waivers coming back up... of course after this last exchange I doubt we have to think about any of that. I imagine we will see saros re-called wed-thur for a next weekend start.

anyway, it's hockey night again. let's keep this thing going.

Riberio obviously wants to continue to play hockey. It's a shame because he has a lot of talent but seems to lack the drive that makes a player great. Made worse by coupling in with a bad attitude. If he had the drive that Mike Fisher still has imagine how good he could still be. Any chance this is a wake up call and he finds what he needs to succeed? I would think his best chance to continue playing hockey in the NHL would be to prove himself so he can at least be traded.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
hell yeah welcome home Vern!

Penalty kill just got a little more solid. Obviously means Poile isn't ready to ride Zolczwhatever into the playoffs.

Nostalgia for a player who is on the last legs of his career is a curious thing to get pumped about taking a roster spot on this team.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
vern fiddler.. lol.. welcome back

Oh Man, I was hoping for a profound, in-depth analysis of the return of Vern. :laugh:

Here's my .02, the PK was already top 10 and this should help a lot. I'm just wondering which top 6 player will lose PK time; Fisher? Hook?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Oh Man, I was hoping for a profound, in-depth analysis of the return of Vern. :laugh:

Here's my .02, the PK was already top 10 and this should help a lot. I'm just wondering which top 6 player will lose PK time; Fisher? Hook?

If he even plays it would probably be either Watson, Johansen or Forsberg that sits.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
you know, after all these years, i find each loss more and more frustrating, and even the wins a little less enjoyable. one can understand how one drifts away gradually from the game as that begins to happen. it simply all compounds and piles up on one over many years.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
you know, after all these years, i find each loss more and more frustrating, and even the wins a little less enjoyable. one can understand how one drifts away gradually from the game as that begins to happen. it simply all compounds and piles up on one over many years.

I agree.

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
Hate to go down this road, but is anyone else besides me still waiting to see the "exciting" and "spectacular" #76 we heard about from GMDP??? Of course the injury slowed him down, but those end to end rushes and magnificent passes leading to PP goals just haven't materialized. There've been blasts from the point leading to most of his goals, but weren't those coming from #6???

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Hate to go down this road, but is anyone else besides me still waiting to see the "exciting" and "spectacular" #76 we heard about from GMDP??? Of course the injury slowed him down, but those end to end rushes and magnificent passes leading to PP goals just haven't materialized. There've been blasts from the point leading to most of his goals, but weren't those coming from #6???

Eh. I've speculated before. I don't think he was 100% but returned for the ASG for his brand.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Jeez 303, I'm already depressed enough after the loss!!! You are making me feel even worse.

On the game, I don't think we played bad at all, but the tough thing about is we played a team that was near the bottom of the league in defense, had a goaltender who was really struggling, were shorthanded, AND playing the back end of a back to back....

All of that and we could not even score one freaking goal.

And even worse, we just played two home games in which we allowed a combined one goal- and still only managed to earn two points...

So frustrating......

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

:popcorn:

(I guess you haven't read this board at all- half the people on this board inexplicably can't stand him)

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com

Anyone expecting Bobby Orr most likely didn't see PK play much other than the Habs-Preds games, and only read into the Montreal fans hyperbole on him, or only watched his highlight reel when we traded for him.

I do think he has another level, I've seen it many times. But he's not going to dominate all three zones on every shift, and neither did Weber. If you watch Shea Weber's highlight reel and read press clippings about him, you'd think that the incredible hulk was terrorizing the ice in a Preds jersey every night and he was destroying aircraft carriers with his slapper.

I think 17-18 will be a much better year for PK if he can get healed up a bit better in the offseason.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Jeez 303, I'm already depressed enough after the loss!!! You are making me feel even worse.

On the game, I don't think we played bad at all, but the tough thing about is we played a team that was near the bottom of the league in defense, had a goaltender who was really struggling, were shorthanded, AND playing the back end of a back to back....

All of that and we could not even score one freaking goal.

And even worse, we just played two home games in which we allowed a combined one goal- and still only managed to earn two points...

So frustrating......

For whatever reason, Detroit has our number this year. We've outplayed them like crazy and they've gotten every bounce, every save.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Let Detroit have SOMETHING guys. The place is a third world toilet.
We haven't had much to celebrate this season, but most of that has been self-inflicted within the organization, if anything. I, for one, was shocked to not see a 6-0 Preds win on Saturday, as I thought the outcome would be, indeed.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
We haven't had much to celebrate this season, but most of that has been self-inflicted within the organization, if anything. I, for one, was shocked to not see a 6-0 Preds win on Saturday, as I thought the outcome would be, indeed.

The Preds are 0-6 against Detroit with Laviolette as coach. I was not shocked. If anything I was shocked Detroit only scored one goal on the Preds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad