Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Jonny Brodzinski signs extension with Rangers (2 years, $762.5k AAV, two-way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
LFG!!
stanley-cup-hockey.gif

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Can someone explain why he would need to go on waivers. I never understood it. The concept of a player going on waivers is to see if another team will give him a chance to play in the league. Florida is obviously doing that. Just don't understand it. Hoping there is a good explanation.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Can someone explain why he would need to go on waivers. I never understood it. The concept of a player going on waivers is to see if another team will give him a chance to play in the league. Florida is obviously doing that. Just don't understand it. Hoping there is a good explanation.

Brodzinski does not need to go on waivers
If NYR wants to send him down, then he will need to, though, just like any other waiver-eligible player

Florida needed to waive Lindbohm because of a specific clause in the CBA that any player playing in a non-North American league that wasn't on a team's 90-man roster, has to go through waivers before joining.
The idea is to stop teams from negotiating with free agents saying, "You go play in Europe. Make money. We'll save cap space and bring you in as a ringer after your season ends."
I mean, teams can still do it, but now every other team in the League has a chance to say, "uhh... hey, wait a second..."

Last edited:
Reactions: eco's bones

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's going to end up being a non-issue anyway.

He's Hartford's captain and pretty important to the operation down there, so the Rangers will want to hang onto him. For another NHL team, he would be pretty insignificant.

Why burn a bridge over nothing? Nobody will will touch him.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He’s been up with the Rangers in emergency situations but really he’s a great AHL player but very mediocre at the NHL level.

It’s also about having veteran leadership for your first and second year minor league prospects. Guys that those prospects can look up to both on and off the ice. Most teams have 2/3/4 guys like that in their organization.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

wrong thread, it seems , as re the Petteri Lindbohm thread, and him needing waivers after signing w Panthers?

I believe the 'why' is this -
(a) after training camp, teams have to get to the prescribed roster limit of 23 active players.
(b) PL is joining Fla org now,
(c) for a vet to join the roster now, after not being involved in the roster cutdown, waivers are required, as otherwise this would offer a loophole around roster limits

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
He’s been up with the Rangers in emergency situations but really he’s a great AHL player but very mediocre at the NHL level.

It’s also about having veteran leadership for your first and second year minor league prospects. Guys that those prospects can look up to both on and off the ice. Most teams have 2/3/4 guys like that in their organization.

Hartford has been a wreck the last few years its about time the Rangers start investing more resources down there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad