Proposal: NYR - Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzuki2017

Jun 26, 2013
This is if the habs really want to rebuild and start trading players above their mid 20s.

Nyr : Josh Anderson and Jordan Harris
Mtl : (you probably guessed) Lafreniere

Rangers get a PF who has à decent contract and is signed long terme, he can play rw with Panarin or Kreider.

Habs trade Harris as it may be difficult for them to sign him but could be simpler for the Rangers.

Habs receive the player with the most potential.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
This isn't gonna end well my friend.

NYR are gonna ask for a centre in return (which will probably be Suzuki)

I put forth Habs unprotected 1st + 2 x 3rd round picks for Laf in a previous thread. Lots of Habs fans hated it, but I think it would be what is needed.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
This is if the habs really want to rebuild and start trading players above their mid 20s.

Rangers get a PF who has à decent contract and is signed long terme, he can play rw with Panarin or Kreider.

Habs trade Harris as it may be difficult for them to sign him but could be simpler for the Rangers.

You go to da box for 2 minutes, ya know, by yourself...you feel shame.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Has anyone heard anything about Harris. I believe he is an unsigned college senior that can become a college UFA if not signed this year.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021

Lmao Larry Brooks is that you? Rangers take bad contract

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
sorry you don't understand (or care) what NYR need

Habs fans keep proposing Harris, he offers no value to NYR who have young LHD's Miller and Lindgren playing every day, and Zac Jones and Matthew Robertson knocking on the door (also Hajek and Reunanen). Guhle might jump over those guys, but no evidence Harris adds anything they need

they have a short-term need for a scoring RW, however, w Zib, Fox extensions kicking in (with Bread. Kreider, Shesty and Trouba deals in place ...Lindgren, Goodrow, extensions for Kakko, maybe Strome)), no room for Anderson's $5.5M for 5 more years

A Laf offer probably needs to include alot, such as Guhl, Mysek, Tuch and a 1st(obvi not an unprotected '22...)

BUT NYR LOVE LAF, not trying to move him, and given Cap concerns, early career guys on NHL rosters are essential

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

61qudq.gif

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Hell freezing over has a better chance of happening.

Lafreniere is not getting traded.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Has anyone heard anything about Harris. I believe he is an unsigned college senior that can become a college UFA if not signed this year.

Other than wanting to play one more NCAA year as one of the leaders on his team, there are no negative signs he will try to burn the Habs. Basically, he is going to be on a 2 year ELC regardless of if the Habs sign him or if he waits it out till he turns 22 this summer.

Habs can sign him to a 3 year ELC and he automatically burns one year.
vs
Harris can wait it out and sign as a UFA this Aug.

I'm still confident he signs with the Habs cause there is open spots for him to try to earn. He's a solid Grade B+ prospect IMO. Chance he turns into something good or he has years to mature and you only get depth from him.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Other than wanting to play one more NCAA year as one of the leaders on his team, there are no negative signs he will try to burn the Habs. Basically, he is going to be on a 2 year ELC regardless of if the Habs sign him or if he waits it out till he turns 22 this summer.

Habs can sign him to a 3 year ELC and he automatically burns one year.
vs
Harris can wait it out and sign as a UFA this Aug.

I'm still confident he signs with the Habs cause there is open spots for him to try to earn. He's a solid Grade B+ prospect IMO. Chance he turns into something good or he has years to mature and you only get depth from him.
Thanks for the reply. The 4th year returning college draftee always throws up a bit of a red flag for me. I wasn't sure if there had been any dialogue around his choice to return for his senior season.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thanks for the reply. The 4th year returning college draftee always throws up a bit of a red flag for me. I wasn't sure if there had been any dialogue around his choice to return for his senior season.

A lot of Habs fans are panicking but other than Harris wanting to play one more year with the core of the team he was on in the NCAA, there are no real negative signs he won't sign. We will see about that very soon. Not sure of the timing of when his NCAA season expires and when the NHL season ends. If Harris goes deep in the frozen four tournament, he could miss out on that 3 year ELC and then burning one year. If that happens, then he might consider just delaying the decision and picking his team in Aug as a UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad