Confirmed Trade: [NYR/FLA] Dylan McIlrath for Steven Kampfer and conditional 7th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He and Yandle were a great pair in NY. Florida should try them together, they have some crazy mojo.

AV totally failed McI as a prospect imo. He still has a real chance to be a good long term player in this league.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
There has to be something more to this. If it was simply about the Rangers being disappointed in his development, why not just keep him in the minors for the season? He costs practically nothing and can serve as an injury call-up if needed.

Somebody wanted McIlrath out of the organization ASAP.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
There has to be something more to this. If it was simply about the Rangers being disappointed in his development, why not just keep him in the minors for the season? He costs practically nothing and can serve as an injury call-up if needed.

Somebody wanted McIlrath out of the organization ASAP.

Yeah once he cleared waivers, why not keep him there and give him lots of minutes in the AHL to see if it makes him better. If it does, call him up. If not, re-visit it next season.

Odd.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Yeah once he cleared waivers, why not keep him there and give him lots of minutes in the AHL to see if it makes him better. If it does, call him up. If not, re-visit it next season.

Odd.

Hmm I dunno cause that's what they have done already

No one Wanted him for free . It's just switching places fir a change of scenery

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
It's almost like you just look at a players SA percentage without any context and make the determination as to whose better solely off of which number is greater.

Anyway crap for crap and crap pick. Great. I'm sure This trade will be talked about for years to come. I

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I said I didn't regret not taking Fowler. I still don't. I still don't think he's a good player and I still have no interest in him being on the Rangers.

This amount of stubbornness runs contrary to intelligence.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know why anyone argues. He has too much pride to admit he's wrong.

What am I wrong about?

Having McIlrath on your team comes with absolutely no risk. If he sucks, he gets waived.

Having Fowler on your team is commitment. It's dollars. It's minutes. It's Girardi and Staal all over again.

Ducks fans from the beginning have been making this all about McIlrath. My distaste for Fowler never had anything to do with McIlrath. It's in the numbers.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

And the Yandle comment wasn't hyperbole. Yandle and McIlrath had 20 games together last year where they had the highest rel CF% of any pair in the NHL. It's a small sample but it's a pair that Florida would be wise to try.

Another bit of evidence that analytics are the Emperor's New Clothes when trying to appreciate players rather than teams.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What am I wrong about?

Having McIlrath on your team comes with absolutely no risk. If he sucks, he gets waived.

Having Fowler on your team is commitment. It's dollars. It's minutes. It's Girardi and Staal all over again.

Ducks fans from the beginning have been making this all about McIlrath. My distaste for Fowler never had anything to do with McIlrath. It's in the numbers.

Lol....well you know...better players DO often make more dollars. And minutes. You are looking foolish.

NYR would LOVE to have Fowler for free. And that's what Wrath was just worth. Oh...plus the possible 7th.

:laugh:

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
What am I wrong about?

An illustration of "Pride comes before a fall".

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I dont think any *sane* Rangers fan said this.

I don't think ANY Rangers fan said Weber. This thread is the first time I'm hearing the Weber comparison.

Lol....well you know...better players DO often make more dollars. And minutes. You are looking foolish.

NYR would LOVE to have Fowler for free. And that's what Wrath was just worth. Oh...plus the possible 7th.

:laugh:

Dan Girardi
Marc Staal
Andrew MacDonald
Brent Seabrook
Jay Bouwmeester
Willie Mitchell
Kevin Bieksa

I could go on...

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
I don't think ANY Rangers fan said Weber. This thread is the first time I'm hearing the Weber comparison.

Dan Girardi
Marc Staal
Andrew MacDonald
Brent Seabrook
Jay Bouwmeester
Willie Mitchell
Kevin Bieksa

I could go on...
I was going to say that, but I didn't want to get swarmed in the off chance my man Roo dug up a single instance where someone did.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was going to say that, but I didn't want to get swarmed in the off chance my man Roo dug up a single instance where someone did.

And they will too

I'm beginning to think there's hard copies of my posts in a safe somewhere in Orange County :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Dan Girardi
Marc Staal
Andrew MacDonald
Brent Seabrook
Jay Bouwmeester
Willie Mitchell
Kevin Bieksa

I could go on...

All those players are still better than the Wrath.

:sarcasm:

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA

Dan Girardi
Marc Staal
Andrew MacDonald
Brent Seabrook
Jay Bouwmeester
Willie Mitchell
Kevin Bieksa

I could go on...
You sure about that?
Here ya go.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=110532093&postcount=235

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Never said he was a future top pairing D

Someone has posted in this thread of you saying you thought he would be a #2 and his closest comparable is Weber...

Have you ever thought there's a reason Fowlers value is a 1st + while Mcilrath was just traded for an AHL player because he couldn't crack the NHL?

Or do you still think he's a better player than Fowler?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad