Waived: [NYR] F Jake Leschyshyn waived by the Rangers (cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
4ac.gif

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
He cleared?!?

Well, that’s good news for 31 franchises because your GM isn’t an idiot.

This is the definition of like an ECHL/AHL tweeter. When I was his age, this was the kind of guy who was better than me but I could competently keep up with and at least hang with during summer college skates (which were all the D1 and juniors guys from the area getting together). I feel like I played a lot of summers with guys like this on LI, 12-15 years ago. Like, this is the guy who is beer league A division MVP, but ECHL third line. Fundamentally he can skate and mix it up with good players, but he really doesn’t have it. He can probably carve out a career as a bottom six guy in Swiss or DEL.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He cleared?!?

Well, that’s good news for 31 franchises because your GM isn’t an idiot.

This is the definition of like an ECHL/AHL tweeter. When I was his age, this was the kind of guy who was better than me but I could competently keep up with and at least hang with during summer college skates (which were all the D1 and juniors guys from the area getting together). I feel like I played a lot of summers with guys like this on LI, 12-15 years ago. Like, this is the guy who is beer league A division MVP, but ECHL third line. Fundamentally he can skate and mix it up with good players, but he really doesn’t have it. He can probably carve out a career as a bottom six guy in Swiss or DEL.
Whats crazy to me is how many chances he got in the NHL between two of the league's better teams.

Reactions: LokiDog

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Whats crazy to me is how many chances he got in the NHL between two of the league's better teams.
Crazy, yes, unpredictable, no. Kids of former pro players usually get additional chances because of their lineage, if nothing else because some farty old-school scout knew their dad or knew of their dad. "Give him enough minutes and he'll be ready! He's got winner DNA."

Which is Exhibit A as to why most scouts are worthless dinosaurs and a chicken picking at post-it notes of prospect names can be just as effective for a much smaller salary.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad