Claimed off Waivers: [SJS] F Barclay Goodrow claimed by San Jose

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Do the Rangers do anything right?

Ever?
I mean, the first two years of that deal were reasonable value. He also had a good playoff this year. No one claims him, but someone will definitely sign him for cheap if the Rangers buy him out. Buyout costs the Rangers $1.11 million a year for 4 years. Someone will give him a one year deal for 1-1.5.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Better than Panarin in the playoffs
haha...

This is really strange timing though, I would have liked him on the sens, he is a good experienced veteran. Young teams need players like him. I didnt mind his cap hit that much. He is overpaid for sure but figured they could attach him to a small asset to get rid of the deal if they need the space that bad.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Really odd that he's getting waived right now in the middle of the cup finals. No one is going to claim him obviously, so what's really the purpose?

Oh they're delusional and hoping someone claims him.

Only guess is that a team inquired about him with the Rangers and there's a claim waiting.

Don't they have to waive him again anyways if they are preparing to buy him out?

Reactions: violaswallet

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Nobody picks him up and the Rangers have to add a sweetener or retain to trade him?

Goodrow was a playoff hero for us Sharks and we love and miss him dearly so he will certainly not pass waivers.

We appreciate our playoff heroes in San Jose and would never treat him the way the Rags have here after everything he did for them just a few weeks ago. This is so embarassing from the Rangers. Have some compassion, Drury.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
While the buyout is better than the assets some are asking for to trade him, I still think it's manageable to retain some and trade him, rather than taking on 3 extra years on a buyout. Rangers save money against the cap next year with a buyout, as Goodrow has negative cap from a buyout. But the timing is weird, unless they think Florida is winning the cup tonight with the buyout opening 48 hours after.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jan 21, 2018
I'm shocked. Rangers fans said his contract could be traded no problem.

Can you please explain why you are shocked that Goodrow got waived? Did you think those Rangers Fans are secretly the GM for New York?

Is that why you were shocked when Goodrow was waived, because surely some random rangers fans must be telling the truth since they can look into the future right?

It’s so cringe when people generalize an entire fanbase because of something said by one or two people. If anything, we should be shocked that you were so gullible to listen to some random rangers fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad