PTO: [NYR] D Madison Bowey + 15 others sign PTOs with the Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I feel like this guy was a super hot commodity for a long time.

Majorly hyped by the world juniors. That team never lost a game and never trailed once I believe.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
As I recall he is/was actually fairly skilled offensively, but he couldn't defend, like at all, and tended to panic. Perhaps he's cleaned up his game.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Another player getting absolutely screwed by the AHL veteran rules.

Where every year now, he’s gonna have to play this PTO game, just to get camp time, waiting for rosters to settle, before he gets signed to an AHL deal somewhere, or possibly a two-way deal, by a team who had one of their kids graduate to the NHL. As a Dman, he’ll have a spot to play every year for another 5 years, but he’s gonna have to play this waiting game every September. He’s reaching the point now, it might be better off money wise, to take a nice 2-3 year European vacation as well. Although, he can probably make a nice chunk of change in the KHL for the next couple of years as well.

Reactions: JKG33

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
He’s reaching the point now, it might be better off money wise, to take a nice 2-3 year European vacation ... he can probably make a nice chunk of change in the KHL for the next couple of years as well.
could not disagree more
AHL vet rule is valuable as long as league's primary purpose is development of emerging players to NHL
No strong reason for AHL to fill up their rosters with more marginal AAAA veterans beyond the handful every AHL team is allowed

IF, at some point, player prefers the money and alternative of playing in Europe,
then he'll follow the dozens every year who extend their playing careers in those leagues

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Kind of odd considering how stacked the Rangers RD position is but I guess it makes sense to create competition and let the vets not play as much and he could just be a filler for them, and who knows maybe he gets a contract from another team if he plays well enough.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Completely lost track of this guy after he went to Detroit. I was convinced he and Carrick would be right side staples for the Caps back 8-10 years ago :laugh:

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

Where every year now, he’s gonna have to play this PTO game, just to get camp time, waiting for rosters to settle, before he gets signed to an AHL deal somewhere, or possibly a two-way deal, by a team who had one of their kids graduate to the NHL. As a Dman, he’ll have a spot to play every year for another 5 years, but he’s gonna have to play this waiting game every September. He’s reaching the point now, it might be better off money wise, to take a nice 2-3 year European vacation as well. Although, he can probably make a nice chunk of change in the KHL for the next couple of years as well.
I couldn't have said it better. Although he did just have a season where he played on 3 different KHL teams. Probably not looking to do that again.

There's no reason he shouldn't be a team's #8 D man. Not a guy you want to rely on, but a good enough stop gap when injuries pile up and you don't want to trust a rookie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad