Proposal: NYR/Coyotes - Libor Hajek for Travis Boyd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Guess he wont be the worst 13th forward (unless you want to replace rooney with him)

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Don't really see any incentive for Arizona to do this unless they see some kind of unrealized potential in Hajek that no one else sees.

Reactions: ck26

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Arizona has Hayton, Boyd, Dzingle, and Galchenyuk playing center currently. They can’t afford to lose an NHL center for an AHL defenseman.

Hajek is an NHL defenseman and we need those too.

Edit: Boyd fits a need but so does Hajek (less so) but Hajek is a better player. I'd do this. Or I'd just trade a pick for Hajek since most Rangers fans seemed to agree that was also fine and that is preferred.

Reactions: bernmeister

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hajek is an NHL defenseman
hqdefault.jpg

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Don't know AZ roster situation, but seems pretty fair.
A team controlled young D for a 28 yr old versatile Right-shot F rental, to a team whose rise to contention has been surprisingly swiift.
Hajek is 23, was top 40 pick, has size and talent
Played on NYR during coaching by the inconsistent Quinn regime.
He hasn't played this year as NYR D have been very healthy so far, 5 guys played all 23 games, the 6thD spot split between a bluechip, and a just a few starts for Tinordi. tough vet

Vocal, cynical NYr will roar he has no value, as many HFB cynical vocal fans like to do

But NyR know he has value, thus not placed on waivers, where guys w lesser upside have been claimed

He did well in a 5 game AHL conditioning term

Boyd a RS C/W might find a role on NYR, especially w Blais out for season, many of their 'next up' are LS

but as with Hajek, It'd be even more desirable scenario, if he'd already cleared waivers, and could stay playing active til icetime need occurs

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Arizona has Hayton, Boyd, Dzingle, and Galchenyuk playing center currently. They can’t afford to lose an NHL center for an AHL defenseman.

Edit: Boyd fits a need but so does Hajek (less so) but Hajek is a better player. I'd do this. Or I'd just trade a pick for Hajek since most Rangers fans seemed to agree that was also fine and that is preferred.

Hajek actually was all that AND a bag of chips, but after 4 games got injured shoulder, which you don't expect to be so serious.
But apparently it was and Ranger mgmt botched his return

He needs to play in the right system, whatev that is.

At this pt he is only serviceable 3rd pair guy, but buy low cheap enuf is a good move for somebody.

Rangers need to create a roster spot w/o adding salary, + fact he is way blocked at either D position, justifies letting him go for a 6th or so.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010

Yeah you'll really need Boyd for that big playoff push

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Huh? Hasn’t he cleared waivers and been assigned to the AHL? He’s the Travis Boyd of defensemen, at this point, no?

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Huh? Hasn’t he cleared waivers and been assigned to the AHL? He’s the Travis Boyd of defensemen, at this point, no?

He has never been on waivers, he has been assigned to the AHL twice, once at the start of the 2020 season and once at the start of the 2018 season. He was I believe 21 and 18 respectively.

He was a 2nd round draft pick, is only 23, turning 24 in feb, and outside of his injury looked great. If he ever recovers from that injury there's a good chance he's a good player again. Even as is he's still a 3rd pairing D on the Rangers with a low opportunity cost to acquire.

I don't love trading Boyd for him, but acquiring him for a late pick is at worst low risk low reward and at best low risk high reward.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
He has never been on waivers, he has been assigned to the AHL twice, once at the start of the 2020 season and once at the start of the 2018 season. He was I believe 21 and 18 respectively.

He was a 2nd round draft pick, is only 23, turning 24 in feb, and outside of his injury looked great. If he ever recovers from that injury there's a good chance he's a good player again. Even as is he's still a 3rd pairing D on the Rangers with a low opportunity cost to acquire.

I don't love trading Boyd for him, but acquiring him for a late pick is at worst low risk low reward and at best low risk high reward.
I feel both Hajek and Boyd have zero trade value. I just think Boyd helps the Coyotes get embarrassed less badly with how terrible their C depth is right now. But I don’t really consider either to be even decent reserve players on any kind of a team not fighting it out for last place.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I feel both Hajek and Boyd have zero trade value. I just think Boyd helps the Coyotes get embarrassed less badly with how terrible their C depth is right now. But I don’t really consider either to be even decent reserve players on any kind of a team not fighting it out for last place.

Right now I think you're right, but Hajek at least has potential. And if we can get him for a pick I'll take it.

Reactions: moosemeister

Narcissus

Jul 4, 2009
sorry... but nope

Let’s rephrase - Hajek looks like an NHL defenseman for 60% of his TOI but he handles the puck like it’s a grenade.

Maybe a coach with a lot of patience can fix it? If they can, then you are looking at a top 4 defenseman. That’s probably part of the reason the Rangers are loathe to waive him.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad