Proposal: Nyr-chi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
NYR: Mats Zuccarello (+)
CHI: Hjalmarsson

** I know that Hjalmarsson has a NMC but just curious to what CHI fans and others around the league think would be a fair add (if interested at all) to zuuuc for hjalmarsson. I think he is exactly what they need on their rightside backend to stabilize their D and I think zuuc would make an excellent winger for Toews

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
You think the Rangers add? Thats hilarious. We dont need him and Zuc isnt going anywhere.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Keep seeing Zuccarello in proposals, is he available for trade now that Vesey has signed?

I hope not, but I can see why. From the looks of it, it's either him, Rick Nash or JT Miller going (Kreider's not getting traded). Personally, I'd keep Zucc over the other two and look hard for a taker for Nash in exchange for a Top-4 PMD/PP QB RHD.

Lundy HOF

May 23, 2016
Keep seeing Zuccarello in proposals, is he available for trade now that Vesey has signed?

Ideally, no. He is a playmaking 60+pt winger under 30 with a 4.5M cap hit. However, you have to give to get so he would be an asset that COULD return a young top 4 Dman with puck moving skills.

If only the Jets needed wingers...

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Hjalmarsson won't be available, that's for sure. Remove one of Chicago's big three defensemen and their contention is over.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I can't imagine you'll find a Hawks fan willing to move Hjalmarsson without it being a ridiculous overpayment. He's a pretty vital peice of the Blackhawks defense and on a great contract.

Really like Zuc and would love him on the Hawks but it's a pretty easy no from me.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

** I know that Hjalmarsson has a NMC but just curious to what CHI fans and others around the league think would be a fair add (if interested at all) to zuuuc for hjalmarsson. I think he is exactly what they need on their rightside backend to stabilize their D and I think zuuc would make an excellent winger for Toews

LOL

No

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I think the Rangers keep Zuccarello. They would certainly entertain a retained Nash for Hjalmarsson but strongly prefer a righty playmaking D. Retained Nash or 1st being dealt at the deadline depending on situation seems likely.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
I can't imagine you'll find a Hawks fan willing to move Hjalmarsson without it being a ridiculous overpayment. He's a pretty vital peice of the Blackhawks defense and on a great contract.

Really like Zuc and would love him on the Hawks but it's a pretty easy no from me.

Yeah, the Hawks finally shored up the depth issues on the back end this offseason. There is no way that they then turnaround and trade their #2 defenseman, especially one that can play both sides of the ice.

Zuc is a great player, fits the Hawks style and I would love to have him. But Hjalmarsson is simply a no go from the Hawks perspective.

Adam Larsson returned Hall this offseason and the only other deal involving a top pair D was a swap of one top pair D for another. Hjalmarsson is a legit top pair D on an insanely good contract, and far more proven than Larsson. A winger, even a really good winger like Zuc, does not get it done. In fact, even taking the NMC out of the equation Hjalmarsson is just simply not available unless another top pairing D comes back in the deal, which seems unlikely in any circumstance.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

There is no chance Chi moves Hjalmarsson unless they are getting an upgrade on him. This would not even get their attention.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I think the Rangers keep Zuccarello. They would certainly entertain a retained Nash for Hjalmarsson but strongly prefer a righty playmaking D. Retained Nash or 1st being dealt at the deadline depending on situation seems likely.

Hawks say no to the Zuccarello deal there is no chance in hell you would get them to move Hjalmarsson for Nash no matter what's retained. Hawks can not move any of the top 3 defenseman unless they are moving into rebuild mode.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
In terms of defensive play, Hjalmarsson has #1D ability to shut down, he is just not as well rounded as Keith or Seabrook on the offensive side of the puck.

Hjalmarsson is a pure stay at home dman, rarely skates up into the play or gets aggressive in the offensive zone (as evident that he has only cracked 20 pts twice in his career)

But him and Oduya formed the #1 defensive pair for Chicago from 2013-2015 pretty much and they locked it down pretty damn well against virtually every matchup they had and won 2 cups because of it. Quenneville was able to deploy Hjalmarsson like a #1 shutdown dman while cutting loose Seabrook and Keith in the offensive zone starts to push the play. Hjalmarsson and Oduya had something ridiculous like 85% of their starts were in the D zone

Zuc is a nice player and good winger, but guys like Hjalmarsson are just so much more valuable, especially come playoff time

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
With the exception of Keith, Hammer has the best contract for the Hawks on the team. I just can't fathom a scenario where we trade him unless the other team's giving far and away too much.

I don't see the Rangers doing it on their end, either.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Thought this was an outragously bad proposal until i went and actually looked at Mats Stats...still would say no because Hammer is so important to what the hawks have done but numbers wise closer then i thought.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Hammer is a very strong 2D with a beautiful contract. Probably the 2nd most important Hawk contract wise. Can't be done.

Understandable. Zuccs is too important for us as well...our most productive forward and one of the few who has a spark to his game.

I think we (Rangers) would add something (nothing crazy, I don't think) because D is the more valuable position, but, for both teams, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. In a vacuum, it isn't too far off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad