Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Brandon Scanlin signs ELC with the Rangers (2 years, $925k AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I wonder if this facilitates another move.

Lefty shooter on D? Decent logjam there

Lindgren, Miller and Z. Jones.

Unless one is moved??

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
People saying all the top college FA to go Rangers/Bruins/Leafs/Habs etc., I have seen like 20 college FA signed over the last few weeks. Is this one a premium one compared to other college FAs? I'm not familiar with any.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Maybe that's the reason. More and better competition.

f. ex. playing with/against Adam Fox in camp? I guess, hell yeah.
It may also be a track record of giving NCAA free agents the opportunity at the NHL level. Or good development at the AHL level.

As a Canucks fan, I know that there were articles about this player, but given the Canucks horrific record at Dmen development (which there is no guy who played their way from the AHL onto the NHL), there is no reason for NCAA Dman to sign with Vancouver. Stecher and Hutton played a couple AHL games each before joining the Canucks full time, never looking back.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
No team was going to promise this player a roster spot. He's got a lot more to learn before dumping him in the NHL.This allows NYR to move a D prospect if needed and give Scanlin some minor experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad