Proposal: Nylander+ lilegren+ 2019 1st for ekblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
after July 1st, nylander will be owed $4.9 million per year for 5 more years. Florida does not spend to the cap so his cap hit is irrelevant. Add a very good prospect and a first and it is a pretty substantial offer.
Florida has been spinning their wheels for years. Is this a deal they consider?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Let’s add Matthews while we are at it.

Lol a bit of an overpayment. Nyl and a 2nd would be my offer

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
after July 1st, nylander will be owed $4.9 million per year for 5 more years. Florida does not spend to the cap so his cap hit is irrelevant. Add a very good prospect and a first and it is a pretty substantial offer.
Florida has been spinning their wheels for years. Is this a deal they consider?
A very polite Canadian style pass. Happy New Years all.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018

He is big, moves the puck well and has a big right hand shot from the point. He is a southern Ontario boy and has always been spoken of in high regard.
He had a good year in his first year because he was a very hyped and talented first overall pick.
Maybe some of his struggles can be attributed to playing for Florida? And the fact that he is 22?
Seems like the exact kind of player to target.

Reactions: GatorDave

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018

So you do acknowledge it would take more then just nylander.
I addded a first (pick 30) and lilegren.
I think leafs fans go a little overboard with He was selected 17 th overall two years ago and has struggled with injury and illness. He is a good prospect but by no means a bluechipper.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I think leafs fans go a little overboard with He was selected 17 th overall two years ago and has struggled with injury and illness. He is a good prospect but by no means a bluechipper.
sabres fan saying yes he is a blue chipper...

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I think leafs fans go a little overboard with He was selected 17 th overall two years ago and has struggled with injury and illness.
That's a weird take. What matters is performance, not whether he's been sick the last two years. When prospects aged 21-22 perform at the level he does in the AHL, that usually indicate top 4 upside. Liljegren is doing it as a 19 year old.

I don't think he's quite dynamic enough to be a truly great prospect, but he's a very safe bet to become a solid NHLer.

Reactions: Guy Boucher

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I don't think the leafs would be interested in that massive overpayment for Ekblad.

Pretty much this as Florida would say yes soooooo fast.

This is the kind of one sided lopsided deals that are usually here.

I doubt that the Leafs would even trade Nylander straight up for Ekblad who is kind of like Dion Phaneuf 2.0

Reactions: phlocky

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I didn’t realize he had so little value.
I figured a 22 year old rhd with his pedigree held substantial value.
It seems as though his value is close to negative on here

sanfordn

Oct 14, 2017

The summer before we got Mathews, there was talk of tanking to get liljegren. Then he got sick and dropped to us at 17. No way we’re including him as an add on to an already bad trade.

Ekblad is concussed.

Reactions: Mork

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
That's a weird take. What matters is performance, not whether he's been sick the last two years. When prospects aged 21-22 perform at the level he does in the AHL, that usually indicate top 4 upside. Liljegren is doing it as a 19 year old.

I don't think he's quite dynamic enough to be a truly great prospect, but he's a very safe bet to become a solid NHLer.

Just goes to show how much can change in a year before players get drafted. I remember Liljegren was supposed to challenge for a top spot in that draft at one point. There was definitely some hype surrounding him.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

I agree it would take more than Nyl, which is why I added the second. If the first is really low then sure. A b2b 61 pt player, decent pick and a solid young player is more than needed for an underachieving D. Not saying Ekblad won’t prove himself eventually but as of now I’d be fine selecting Nyl over him.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Jeez. I don’t really think either player is all that great but this is an overpay from Toronto.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad