Nylander/Jokiharju Trade Talk 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
It's an issue. It remains to be seen what kind of offensive impact Gustafsson will have this year. I think the Hawks biggest mistake of the offseason was keeping Gustafsson and trading Jokiharju instead. Would have liked them to have traded Gustafsson for Tuch instead of Jokiharju for Nylander. If they had to trade Jokiharju for expansion draft purposes I would have preferred they did it after he established himself as a solid NHL D for a full season.

@Kaners Bald Spot, ill quote you here coz i hate needlessly cluttering all the threads with Jokiharju stuff.

To your point, I think he wouldve looked much worse on our team than Gus defensively and wouldnt be able to bring the offense Gus does. Joki looks good now in a Buff system where their defensively capable forwards are designed to clunk the neutral zone and support everywhere on the ice. But even Risto and Scandella are looking good who were tire fires last year in their own zone. Plus hes on a third pair, not being relied on that hard and playing the least minutes, with Montour waiting to take his spot once he's healthy.

Kudos to Ralph Krueger again, because hes making defensemen with issues look good, but i still like that we traded Joki away. I wouldve prefered a defensive forward as a return, but no issues with Nylander, just need to understand hes a project.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
@Kaners Bald Spot, ill quote you here coz i hate needlessly cluttering all the threads with Jokiharju stuff.

To your point, I think he wouldve looked much worse on our team than Gus defensively and wouldnt be able to bring the offense Gus does. Joki looks good now in a Buff system where their defensively capable forwards are designed to clunk the neutral zone and support everywhere on the ice. But even Risto and Scandella are looking good who were tire fires last year in their own zone. Plus hes on a third pair, not being relied on that hard and playing the least minutes, with Montour waiting to take his spot once he's healthy.

Kudos to Ralph Krueger again, because hes making defensemen with issues look good, but i still like that we traded Joki away. I wouldve prefered a defensive forward as a return, but no issues with Nylander, just need to understand hes a project.
I don't have any issues with Nylander either. I realize he's a project but the talent is there. This is a Gustafsson/Jokiharju argument not a Nylander/Jokiharju argument. I never minded that they traded Jokiharju but they did it a year too early IMO.

Reactions: Muffinalt

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
You're going to need a lot of patience with the kid. He may need some tough love. He can still make it. Lord knows he has the skill. He just needs a coach that will light a fire under his ass.

Yep. Perhaps 3 years of mostly adversity has put a chip on his shoulder. It appears that Colliton isn't going to hand it to Nylander. And that's a very good thing. Another good thing is that the forward corps is very deep. Slacking will get one scratched, posthaste.

Member 308457

Great blind pass by Nylander last night, NHL highlight reel for sure. Joker has been playing very well for the Sabres...the Sharks announcer commented on how Joker is just like another forward on the rush...Nylander wasn't putting out for the Sabre organization. His inconsistent play stuck him in Rochester. Maybe the Sabres organization was too much a dumpster fire and Nylander's personality affected his ability to adapt to the extreme situation. I've seen players quit on their organizations before...seems to be a European thing. Hopefully this is a trade that will benefit both teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
This trade still hunts every Hawks fans dreams.

Jokiharju has become great trusted support two way dpair for Dahlin
- who has grown nicely, listed as 6 foot 0 / 207

Nylander, well, looking at that WSP roster, he won't even
make it to the top 6 of his AHL team line up.
-Nylander has played in 1 game (of 3) for the Penguins preseason
played in 4th line.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Joki is a replacement level (if that) player on a big contract Don't think I'll join you in losing sleep over it.
He'll be back when Lankinen wins two games in a row. Nationalist hockey fans are often insufferable.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
This trade still hunts every Hawks fans dreams.

Jokiharju has become great trusted support two way dpair for Dahlin
- who has grown nicely, listed as 6 foot 0 / 207

Nylander, well, looking at that WSP roster, he won't even
make it to the top 6 of his AHL team line up.
-Nylander has played in 1 game (of 3) for the Penguins preseason
played in 4th line.
What a dumb bump of a three year old thread

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
The trade sucked (sucked when it happened and is still sucking now), but still weird to necrobump this thread just to say it.

But it is Leafer, so no surprise there.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad