Proposal: NYI - Blues and NYI - Van Hockey Trades

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Garland > Pageau. Pageau sucks. Another one of Lou's terrible loyalty players.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
If they’re selling Buchnevich it’s because they do not want to hand out a long term contract to a guy who is about to turn 30.

Since he’s been with the Blues he’s been on our PK1, PP1, played every forward position and been near a PPG player. There’s not incentive to move him whatsoever unless we are unwilling to sign him long term. In that event, I’d imagine the ask would be a 1st, and a young roster player to plug into our middle 6 that has very seeable upside and or ability to grow into a bigger role.

You’re entitled to your opinion on Nelson v Buch, but it would be very hard to find supporting evidence. He’s been nothing short of fantastic since being here.
Got you, I still prefer Nelson to Buch but I agree with you on Blues direction in that a swap is pointless for the Blues. I'd love to get him to pair with Nelson actually.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Got you, I still prefer Nelson to Buch but I agree with you on Blues direction in that a swap is pointless for the Blues. I'd love to get him to pair with Nelson actually.

I honestly thought the Isles would be in on Buch at this trade deadline. Seems like the kind of guy Lou would give up a 1st+ for. Solid two-way winger with an extra year on his deal. But either teams weren't willing to meet Army's price or perhaps the Blues wanted to keep him for their own playoff run.

As others have said, if Buch is traded then the Blues need to get younger assets for him as opposed to someone older. I also think there's a chance he may want to re-sign, so it makes sense that they would wanna figure that out first before dealing him.

Fist of Fury

Wang Chung
Jul 24, 2011
Where do I sign, both not happening though. Can someone please take Anders Leedearship & Poor Yngve Engvall off our hands.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I don't think the value of the Buchnevich/Nelson swap is that bad on ice, but it doesn't make any sense for St. Louis. If they're moving Buchnevich its not going to be to get older.

The Canucks definitely pass on that deal though, Garland is a much better player.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Funny how one season can change things, last year Garland would have been driven to the airport; this year he's good and a value contract.

I'd be interested in Mikheyev for Pageau if we plan to keep Blueger to play with Joshua and Garland, and Lindholm walks. Even if Tocchet keeps line blending, having Petey - Miller - Pageau - Blueger as #1-#4 would be a strong center core, with the likes to Hoglander/ Boeser/ Joshua/ Garland/ Podkolzin/ Suter, etc. etc. to build around that.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Would you guys do Mikheyev for Pageau?
I wouldn’t personally. A middle six winger with an identical cap hit (250k difference) for a bottom 6 center. Realistically doesn’t fill any needs for the Isles. If Mikheyev made less/had less term then I’d be interested.

Reactions: Glorydays22

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
It wasn’t necessarily getting the better player - JGP > Garland. it was about fit - JGP gives Canucks a 3C - RH and allows them to possibly go after a W.

But, I understand if things don’t align with my POV - it is why I posted to see others perspectives
While I think JPG would be a good, but expensive 3C, I don't think the Canucks have much of an appetite to move Garland. He has been a real solid player for us, and has provided good value this year on his deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad