NY Islanders Sale Talk ONLY Part IV **Post 400, Isles SOLD**

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He may treat them well, BUT, he's done NOTHING to try to make the players around them better by adding key pieces to the puzzle. He may not nickle and dime the players he currently has, but he wasn't willing to spend on the team for years, and was willing to accept mediocrity for years.

If I had one problem with Tavares its that hes not the Type to demand these types of things. Tavares doesn't care who is on his team or who he plays with, he never makes excuses and always expects to win. Unfortunately we the fans Know this is not the case and that we do need an improved roster,Coaching staff, and management.

We made some nice moves this offseason, but we are still a solid dman or two away from me feeling like a legit team that can advance in the playoffs.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
This really great news. I know it sucks Wang will continue to be here for the next 2 years but....the clock is ticking. Hopefully this will allow management to open the purse strings a little. Its been a long wait and we deserve a good owner.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Howie Rose GETS IT. He may have grown up rooting for the Rangers but he understands what many Islanders fans are feeling about the team and its history. I love the fact that he feels the 1975 Isles need to get their due this season. That '75 team is the one that set the wheels in motion for future success. I also love that he feels pre-cup players like JP Parise, Billy Harris, Dave Lewis, Gerry Hart, etc. should be celebrated as well as the Dynasty team. And most of all I love that Howie realizes the impact the Islanders had on their community and that he's sorry they're leaving the Island, and that the fans who have supported and spent money on this team for over 40 years need to be appreciated.

Great job Howie. And thanks Knish for the link.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I know for a fact they are making enhancements. We can play the source game all day long. I'm fine with it.

See...I like playing games and they're kind of important if you want us to take you seriously. Therefore would love to hear about these "facts" you speak of. Both what they're doing and how you know about it. Because I don't see any SIGNIFICANT enhancements happening to Barclays at all.

Does anyone understand what it would take to make Barclay's be able to have full 360 views for hockey? I do. It would take tearing down the Eastern wall of the arena and moving it back about 30-50 feet. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Never. Therefore as long as we play there count on them not selling seats behind one of the goals.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
This really great news. I know it sucks Wang will continue to be here for the next 2 years but....the clock is ticking. Hopefully this will allow management to open the purse strings a little. Its been a long wait and we deserve a good owner.

I am not an Isles fan, but i said it before and will say it again- the loyal Islanders fans deserved better than Charles Wang, and i am glad that he is no longer in the picture for their sake.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
See...I like playing games and they're kind of important if you want us to take you seriously. Therefore would love to hear about these "facts" you speak of. Both what they're doing and how you know about it. Because I don't see any SIGNIFICANT enhancements happening to Barclays at all.

Does anyone understand what it would take to make Barclay's be able to have full 360 views for hockey? I do. It would take tearing down the Eastern wall of the arena and moving it back about 30-50 feet. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Never. Therefore as long as we play there count on them not selling seats behind one of the goals.

Dont ever say never, Wang sold.

;)

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site

They are not tearing down walls. I said enhancements, not improvements. Limited viewing in one end will remain, however, the gaps that existed in that section previously will be amended to better fill in the area.

I didn't realize I needed to be taken seriously. It's been proven at length on here that certain people torched a guy that provided some pretty darn accurate information. Yet, we are back at this again? (I must have missed where I repeatedly stated Wang was using Barroway to set the franchise value and later, after reports wang was/was not selling, I repeatedly said he was. Both were and are true, but whatever...) it's a message board, dismiss it as you like. I'll laugh when things at BC look a little different come October 2015.

Last edited:

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Such pessimists

We're still arguing about Brooklyn, we should be thankful Chuck will be out in 2 years and that we have a building to play in and that we're not in Kansas.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Howie Rose GETS IT. He may have grown up rooting for the Rangers but he understands what many Islanders fans are feeling about the team and its history. I love the fact that he feels the 1975 Isles need to get their due this season. That '75 team is the one that set the wheels in motion for future success. I also love that he feels pre-cup players like JP Parise, Billy Harris, Dave Lewis, Gerry Hart, etc. should be celebrated as well as the Dynasty team. And most of all I love that Howie realizes the impact the Islanders had on their community and that he's sorry they're leaving the Island, and that the fans who have supported and spent money on this team for over 40 years need to be appreciated.

Great job Howie. And thanks Knish for the link.
That 1975 team put them on the hockey map. Denis Potvin, Clark Gillies, Bobby Nystrom, Gary Howatt, Gerry Hart, Bert Marshall, Jeep, Billy Harris, Chico, Smitty et al.
Should get recognition from the fans on LI and at the Barn.

The fact that Wang will still be in the ownership/control mix is disturbing. Wang has to be given a job that will take p his time and not allow him to do any damage to hockey operations. If each owner was to have an operational position, Ledecky and Malkin would be executives on the corporate level but not the operational level, which would mean hiring a President or VP of hockey ops to be above the GM. Where does Wang fit in here?
I fear he believes he is a hockey genius with new and innovative ideas. Barclays will be handling the marketing and sales, so Wang needs to be assigned a job where he can't screw things up.
He is like genital herpes, never goes away. Grrrrrrrrr.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I bought you a round....we just have to meet.

Enhancements....they're gonna make an awful view better, maybe bring it to just BAD.

Like Periferal said, any changes to make the arena REPUTABLE would involve major cash outlay, closing the arena down a year, ripping down a far wall AND retrofitting a structure thus making the job harder even if it's brand new, extending the cramped building out, making it less than ideal for basketball FOR WHICH IT IS PERFECT and adding a few thousand seats. Even then, the slope for viewing hockey is less than ideal.

So the changes are akin to adding a quality stereo to a Yugo in relation to hockey.

But people will pay to see most of the ice. For a bit. Especially now that Wang will be GONE!

I suspect "reputable" will be more about appearances than attendance figures. IMO any initial enhancements would be to make the arena look less weird, especially on TV. So they'll put in some seating around the glass, fill in some empty areas in the corners. Maybe next summer or the one after that they'll replace the crooked section with some kind of portable seating. Eventually, since there IS room at ice level behind the "empty" goal, they can put in smaller high-price sections there. Up high they can eventually put in a giant HD screen to visually block the empty sections and provide an amenity no other indoor arena has.

If they're selling the luxury boxes and there's ticket demand and therefore higher prices, I suspect they can make it work even long-term without blowing out walls. TV and merchandise, etc mean a lot.

Steinbrenner used to say he needed to put fannies in the seats. At BC, they need to put in seats for the fannies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad