Proposal: Nurse for Bobrovsky

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
The idea just popped into my head and I was wondering if it could be a decent basis for a trade. The Oilers need a goalie in the worst way and they both have hefty contracts. I'm not entirely sure that the Oilers would do it, but then again I'm not sure Florida would do it either, so I was curious to hear from fans of both teams.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
The idea just popped into my head and I was wondering if it could be a decent basis for a trade. The Oilers need a goalie in the worst way and they both have hefty contracts. I'm not entirely sure that the Oilers would do it, but then again I'm not sure Florida would do it either, so I was curious to hear from fans of both teams.

Florida would do it in a heartbeat, getting out of the Bob contract while acquiring a top pairing D for less salary?

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Maybe eventually, but it’s not happening for a couple years. Eventually well likely have to move him, but he’s playing really well right now and Knight needs more time.

Cool that someone came up with an idea about Bob, though. Didn’t think I’d see the day lol.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Don't see Florida quitting on this season like that unless there is some secret follow up trade to replace Bob

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hilarious proposal.

And by that I don't mean that it is bad, it actually makes sense and it would have been an atrocious proposal before this season. Neither team can make the trade this season though - Edmonton needs a replacement D and Florida needs a replacement G.

Reactions: Altimus

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo

Panther fans ask were is the First and Hollaway?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Both contracts are absolute trash.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Don't see Florida quitting on this season like that unless there is some secret follow up trade to replace Bob

Hilarious proposal.

And by that I don't mean that it is bad, it actually makes sense and it would have been an atrocious proposal before this season. Neither team can make the trade this season though - Edmonton needs a replacement D and Florida needs a replacement G.

It would be a trade for the offseason. Obviously not something Florida would do in the middle of a competitive season.

Panther fans ask were is the First and Hollaway?
You think Bob @ $10M is worth Nurse + Holloway + 1st? :help:

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
as a flames fan i totally support this trade...I am always good with seeing the Oilers downgrading their mediocre d. treading water in Goal and not helping their cap situation one bit...

Florida would do it very quickly.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Nurse contract hasn't even started yet...

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
While he is overpaid, Oilers don't have a Nurse replacement at all. Without Nurse, you're running with this D:

Keith-Ceci
Russell-Bouchard
Koekkoek-Barrie

I don't care if you have prime Roy or Hasek, that d is getting shelled.

But what about a slightly past his prime Bobrovsky…??

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Awful for the Panthers. Not only is Bobrovsky still playing well, he has 4 years left after this. Nurse's 8 year deal has even started yet.

Reactions: bsu

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
In a vacuum Florida should take this, but when you take a second you realize they need to have another deal lined up for a goalie. Or have Luongo come out of retirement (how awesome would that be).

How porous would Edmonton's D be after this? Bob would have to stand on his head every game, and they sure could not go to the back up.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
In a vacuum Florida should take this, but when you take a second you realize they need to have another deal lined up for a goalie. Or have Luongo come out of retirement (how awesome would that be).

How porous would Edmonton's D be after this? Bob would have to stand on his head every game, and they sure could not go to the back up.
Florida would never do this. Nurse contract hasn't even started yet and it's trash.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
In the last few years, I think Bobrovsky has shown that he can be an elite goalie when the team in front of him is rolling and playing an effective defensive structure. That is exactly the opposite of what Edmonton seems to be doing. As bad as our goalies have been, Nurse has been a rock, and I don't think Edmonton is any further ahead by trading him.

Florida might do it to get out from under Bobrovsky, but I don't think they really need Nurse. Their blueline is sound.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad