Nuck's Auction Draft Rules & Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
One fun wrinkle will be that NHL team names will be randomly assigned to GM's and all winning bids will only show winning team so the gm's will be made anonymous until after voting has concluded. This is mostly for fun to try to guess who's gm of which team, but also helps eliminate gm bias when voting that some gm's believe exists.

GM List
  1. @Nucker101
  2. @LT
  3. @Gecklund
  4. @trick9
  5. @Panda Bear
  6. @Kent Nilsson
  7. @SRHRangers
  8. @Makaveli
  9. @Taluss
  10. @BeLeafing
  11. @EdJovanovski
  12. @AslanRH
  13. @Scholarships
  14. @Llamamoto
  15. @Iwishihadaspacebar
  16. @Tryamkin
  17. @hockeynorth
  18. @McDoused
  19. @Paralyzer008
  20. @Joey Moss
  21. @OB5
  22. @Gibby
  23. @Dr Pepper
  24. @Blinny
  25. @ConnorMcMullet
  26. @biturbo19
Rules:
  • Goal is draft the best possible team for next season(24-25)
  • Draft will be 11 days long
  • 20 man rosters (12 F, 6 D, 2G)
  • $100M payroll, minimum bid is $1M for a player, you may bid in $0.1M increments.
  • A PM will be sent to you with your team name and a codeword(you must keep this info private)
  • A link to a google sheet will be posted, this is where you will enter your bids, we have the sheets setup that you enter your team name and codeword to verify that it's actually you bidding
  • You may submit multiple bids if you wish to raise any bids, you cannot however reduce bids once they've been submitted, if you submit multiple bid sheets per day, your highest bid on a player will be counted as your final bid.
  • As commish I'll force myself to bid before I open the daily bid sheet to the public so I won't be able to cheat, if LT helps with the sheets he'll be doing the same
  • If a GM busts the hard cap, their winning bids, starting with their highest bids will be nullified that day until they're cap compliant, if they have multiple high bids with the same $ amount then the nullified bid order will be sorted by player's last name in alphabetical order.
  • The roster limit is 20, any winning bids after reaching that maximum will be nullified, if you have a roster imbalance positionally, you must use a buyout to balance your roster or you will be forced to submit a lineup with the roster imbalance you have, bid with this in mind when you submit competitive bids for 3 or 4 goalies on the same day.
  • Any nullified winning bid players will get awarded to the next highest bidder
  • Cap compliance for bid nullification is $100m - ($1m * no of remaining players required to fill roster), so having a cap hit of $100m when you have 5 players to sign means you're not actually compliant, you'd need to be at $95M or below in this scenario
  • In the event of a tied bid, I will ask each person involved in the tie what is the maximum bid they are willing to do. Whoever re-bids higher will get the player. Each person in the re-bid will have 24 hours to re-bid on that player, but the player will sign as soon as all people involved reply. If neither person involved in the tie bid is willing to up their offer at all, I will flip a coin to determine the winning bidder.
  • You are allowed up to 3 buyouts, however you will be hit with a cap penalty of 50% of the cap hit of the bought out player. Buyouts can only take place in between winning bid announcement, meaning you cannot use a buyout in order to avoid a nullified bit. Bought out players will be removed from the game.
  • Trades: due to the twist of anonymity of this game there will be no trades, however if a large majority of gm's prefer a trading period before voting begins then I will allow gm's to reveal their teams and make trades, we'll revisit this after the draft and proceed from there
Link to list of available players for each day, day 1 winning bids will be announced Friday at 8PM EST

*Day 11 player list is subject to changes depending on how many players are still needed to fill out rosters

Voting bracket will be determined after the draft since we may have disqualified teams. I will also re-run these polls next year to determine who truly build the best team for 24/25

Last edited:
Reactions: SRHRangers and LT

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Plan is to start the auction either tomorrow or thursday, just going to tag some people today who've joined our drafts in the past to see if anyone else is interested and give them until tomorrow morning to join.

For the people who have never done an auction, it's actually less time consuming than our regular drafts, I'll send you a google sheet of players everyday and you bid on players you want, all bids are private so you don't know what the bid to beat is. Takes about 5-15 mins per day to fill out your bids, unlike a regular draft where you have to find players to pick every round and keep track of who's still available.

Here's a link to our last auction just to give you an idea: LT & Gecklund's Auction Game v3 - Bidding

Reactions: OB5 and LT

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I still don't fully get how an auction draft works, and potentially letting me spend whatever i want on bad players sounds like a calamity. But i like the sounds of only having to check in for a little bit at a predictable time every day. That i can probably manage.

So if there's spots, sign me up. why not?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I still don't fully get how an auction draft works, and potentially letting me spend whatever i want on bad players sounds like a calamity. But i like the sounds of only having to check in for a little bit at a predictable time every day. That i can probably manage.

So if there's spots, sign me up. why not?
I'd just use the last draft I linked a few posts above as a reference for values, basically play it conservative early on if you're unsure, we spread out the talent each day so you can still build a great team even if you don't win anyone the first 2 or 3 days, but if you blow all your money early, you're toast.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd just use the last draft I linked a few posts above as a reference for values, basically play it conservative early on if you're unsure, we spread out the talent each day so you can still build a great team even if you don't win anyone the first 2 or 3 days, but if you blow all your money early, you're toast.

Mostly just trying to grapple with the idea that it's basically a total free-for-all on who can be bid on? It's not like...a set Player or Group of Players "On the Auction Block" like a conventional auction?

I'll figure it out maybe. Or not. We'll see. lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad